Trapped (Edited)

First hit of Primefire on Vardasia.

Vanessa stood up from where she sat on the floor as a wave of fire hit the field Author had created around Vardasia.

The wave of fire began to come with heavier force and the once blue field began to go red hot.

"The field won't hold" Vanessa muttered to herself.

"I'm going to die" Vanessa panicked. She didn't want to end this way.

She suddenly noticed some movements by her side and looked sideways to see Author's hands twitching. Immediately, she ran towards him and bent down. She sounded selfish, but at least she wasn't alone.

"You're still alive," Vanessa laughed happily and carried Author into the castle.

"We're going to die," Vanessa said and cupped his cheeks in her hands. Her eyes were filled with tears.

Author groaned as he looked towards the Acrylys and muffled something Vanessa couldn't hear.

Still she looked towards the direction he was looking at an her eyes widened in realization.

"Yes, you're right. The Acrylys!" Vanessa exclaimed, "it might stand the wave of fire." She continued when suddenly, the field around Vardasia burst out and the wave of fire began to travel towards them at full speed.

Acting instinctively, Vanessa lifted Author and carried him towards the Acrylys. She began to move faster as painful red boils began to form on their skin due to the heat of the fire still miles away.

"Sssssh." Vanessa hissed in pain as her skin began to sizzle.

She finally reached the Acrylys and opened the door and crawled in, in pain, dragging Author along.

"The door." Vanessa winced in pain and ran towards the door, closing it just in time.

As the wave of fire hit the Acrylys, the wall of the Acrylys began to shake and Vanessa staring at it in concern.

"It'll hold," a familiar voice said and Vanessa turned around to see Jace.

"You were wise not to remove the knife," Jace said and glanced at Author who had a knife in his chest.

"Can you save him?" Vanessa asked.

"The Acrylys can," Jace replied, "bring him to the ocean's shore." Jace walked towards the ocean with his hands behind his back.

"Ungh," Vanessa groaned as she lifted Author up and carried him to the ocean's shore.

"Put him in the water" Jace instructed and Vanessa slowly pushed Author into the ocean.

"From the deep of the sea we will rise and from its powers of healing we shall claim," Jace chanted and put his hands in the ocean. A bright blue light began to shine on the surface of the ocean and ripples travelled across it.

"He is the one," Jace said and  stood upright.

"What do you mean?" Vanessa asked.

"He is your destined soul mate" Jace replied.

"Then why did destiny bring us together in the first place?" Vanessa asked. His words were confusing her.

"Jace was the pedal needed to get the wheels moving. He was the one required to set the future into place." Jace said before looking back into the ocean.

The blue rays of light on the surface of the ocean went off and the water began to bubble rapidly as Author slowly lifted himself out of the ocean.