Humane as threats 1

"I hope we didn't come all the way here in vain." Richie said.

"I'm not feeling comfortable about this." Amber added.

"Same here." Hudson chimed in..

"We should turn back." Vanessa said and they all turned around, being natural and pretending to be unaware of the person trailing them. As they walked, Matthew monitored the person from the corner of his eyes as he hid in the bushes nearby.

As they got closer, Hudson put his hand on a short spear by his side and now close enough, he swiftly withdrew the spear and threw with sending the spear whizzing through the air pinning the person's clothes to the tree.

As he struggled to break free, they walked towards him.

"Who are you?" Vanessa asked.

"I'm Raymelle." He said.

"When we found out about your arrival at our village, the Alpha assigned me to spy on you and find out what your mission here is," Raymelle continued.

"I wish to speak to your Alpha" Vanessa said.

"I could take you to him." Raymelle said.

"The day is gone, that would have to be tomorrow, for the meantime we have to find a place to stay," Matthew said.

"My house is just around the corner, you could sleep there," Raymelle said.

"That would be great." Richie said.

*.  *.  *.  

"You called for me," Lucille said as she walked towards Eugeus.

"Yes."

"There is a meeting of the Alpha's tomorrow and it will be holding at the Vladdicus pack village and I want you to go with me as my assistant." Eugeus continued.

"Okay," Lucille said, hands behind her back.

"Go pack your things, we leave at first light," Eugeus said looking up to the dark sky, dotted with stars and a crescent moon.

*.  *.   *. 

Raymelle dropped the last plate of soup before Richie and sat down beside him shifting his own plate of soup towards himself.

"The soup is nice," Matthew said.

"Thanks, it's my recipe," Raymelle said as he scooped a spoon of soup into his mouth.

"Pass me the salt please" Amber said facing Richie and Raymelle's direction who were closer to the salt.

Richie and Raymelle  reached at for the salt at the same time.

Richie's POV.

As Amber asked for the salt to be passed to her,  I stretched out my hands to take it and placed my hand on the salt, Raymelle also doing the same. Before he could stop, he placed his hands on mine and immediately, I felt a strange feeling go through my spine we then looked at each other as I stared into his eyes it was dark gray in colour with a captivating effect.

"Hmn, the salt please" Amber said breaking the awkward silence and Raymelle quickly took his hands off mine and I picked the salt, pushing it across the table to Amber.

Author empire's POV.

Richie adjusted to another position on the bed as he slept and then again and again before opening his eyes.

It was in the middle of the night.
He then began to hear grunts coming from outside. He then stood up and walked outside into the moonlight and saw Raymelle as a trained slashing his world through the air.