Her past, his test.

The door at the far end of the room opened and Eugeus stood up as a lady brought in two plates of food with two guards accompanying her.

"Hands on the wall," one of the guard said.

Eugeus and Vinson placed their hands on the wall.
Eugeus spotted a knife by the side of one of the guards. He pretended to whisper something to Vinson.

"Hey you what are you saying?" One of the guards asked.

"Nothing, just that your belly is so big and I'm wondering how you carry it around," Eugeus said, snickering.

"Watch your tongue," the guard said moving closer to Eugeus.

"I'm being realistic, it's really big!" Eugeus said laughing, making the guard to rush at him in anger, pushing him to the wall.

"Dan, stop, Deva (master) said no one should touch him," another guard said and the other guard left Eugeus alone, walking away.

"What did you do that for?" Vinson whispered to Eugeus and Eugeus showed him a knife he had secretly taken from the guard.

As the guards turned to leave, Eugeus took his hands off the wall, hiding the knife behind him as he walked forward.

"What are you doing, I said hands on the wall!" a guard said but Eugeus ignored him and kept moving forward.

The guard then moved towards him to push him backwards and Eugeus used his opportunity, slashing the knife in his hands across the guard's throat and before the other guard could do anything, he tossed the knife forward, sending it lodging itself in the other guard's forehead.

Eugeus  picked up the swords on the both guards and tossed one to Vinson, who caught it by the hilt.

"Let's go," Eugeus said and they both ran out the door into an empty corridor.

They both stopped at the point where the corridor forked into two paths.
They  began to hear voices coming from the left path and quickly, they hid behind the wall, as the approaching guards got close enough, Eugeus used the hilt of his sword to hit one on the head, sending him unconscious. Vinson swiftly slashed through the other guard's thigh, blood spurting out and before he could cry out in pain, Eugeus sent the sword in his hands through the guard's chest and withdrew it as the guard fell to the ground, dead.

"Come on," Eugeus said as they both went the way the guards had come.

"Dan, Jim is that you?" They heard a voice say from behind and they both turned around. Eugeus  swiftly tossed a knife at him, but fortunately for him, he bent out of the way just in time making the knife whiz past his ears.

He ran for the cymbal close to him. As he hit it a little, a knife whizzed right at him, hitting him in the chest with the cymbal ringing out just a little.

"Let's hope no one heard that," Eugeus said.

"They sure did," Vinson said as guards began to approach from their front.

"What do we do?" Vinson asked.

"This time, we fight," Eugeus said as he withdrew two swords from his sides and ran into the group of guards, slashing right and left.
As a guard brought down his sword for Vinson, Vinson raised up his sword, countering the guard's sword and then with his other hand, he unsheathe another sword from his waist and stabbed the guard in the lower abdomen.

He picked the guard's sword as it fell and slashed the swords in his both hands through the thighs of two guards and then swiftly sent it through their chest.

"Hungh, hungh," Eugeus panted, looking around with dead bodies and blood all over the floor.

Lunar Wars जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें