Sacrifice

"Essa!, My queen" Jace and Rafi yelled at the same time and ran forward to catch Vanessa as she fell to the floor, but to their surprise, Vanessa slowly changed into a green creature.

"What!" Jace exclaimed.

"Jace, Jace!" Vanessa yelled as she came running in the same manner as the previous and Jace thinking it could be another impostor withdrew his sword and stabbed Vanessa. Vanessa gasped, but to her surprise, the sword broke into two and fell to the ground.

" You're a silver blood!" Matthew muttered softly as he and Hudson arrived there.

*. *. *.

"Of course, I should have known, Valentine's a silver blood and he is your father," Matthew said resting his palms on the table before him.

Vanessa then winced a little and Matthew looked up at our carefully observing her.

"We have to do something about the Acrylys," Rafi chimed in.

"Yes," Jace affirmed and gave a positive nod.

"The Acrylys needs a guardian and Jace is the last guardian left." Rafi continued and Vanessa suddenly darted her eyes at him.

"What are you trying to say?" Vanessa asked, trying not to believe her suspicion of what Rafi intended.

"I have to sacrifice my life or else, Mr Harper's visions would become reality." Jace said, being the one to confirmed.

"No, no, Jace you can't do this" Vanessa said and swallowed nervously.

"He has to." Rafi retorted and Vanessa glared at him.

"There has to be another way." Vanessa added.

"There is no other way, Jace has to do this or else, Hecrydos will break free and you will lose Jace either way." Rafi said.

*.*.*.

Vanessa sat on her Throne as the council meeting ended and they all went out one after the other except Matthew. Matthew and Vanessa were soon the only ones in the room.

Vanessa stood up and walked towards Matthew.

"How is Lucille?" Vanessa asked with guilt in her eyes.

"She left already." Matthew said.

"Oh." Vanessa muttered and swallowed once again as she recalled what happened after defeating the changeling.

"Yes, we did it." Hudson jubilated.

"You did it." a voice said and they all faced back to see Lucille leaning on the doo

"Lucille." Matthew was almost whispering.

"You all did it and you will always." she continued.

"What do you mean?" Matthew asked in confusion..

"I'm leaving for Trishana tomorrow." Lucille replied and Matthew's expression took three quick stages. He was surprised, then sad, then had pity.

"I want to go out there and start a new life with people who know nothing about me. People I'll live with and get trusted. People that will see me for who I am." she added and there was an awkward silence.

"I was away for a whole day and none of you noticed so it is nothing, I went to the knight school to say my byes to Toshiba, so that's it." Lucille sniffed.

"Just came to say my byes.." she added with a drop of tear dropping down her left cheek.

"I'm sorry Matthew, I caused this," Vanessa looked apologetic.