Power struggle

Chapter sixteen

Episode two

Albert's POV
I walked into my secret laboratory and switched on the lights. This was the thirteenth hour after pulling my new subject away from the Omnitrix before which I had first injected the new serum I had created from Vanessa. Luckily, subject 26 was still alive, I could finally save my loved ones.
      After Vanessa had been brought into the council chamber, Jordan has opted to be the one to escort her out of fort haven. And after several persuasion, Norman had finally agreed, he really had bad vibes about the lands across Fort Haven.
     I then picked up my recorder and started to record.

Author empire's POV.
" Finally after thirteen months if research and tests, experiment pillar has become a success, subject 26 is alive and healthy, infact test results has shown an immense increase in the subjects level of immunity. The subject however is still undergoing observation which will have to last for a specific period of time" Albert said and stopped the recorder.
   Albert then grabbed his keys and headed towards the door, it was time to go on his second check on the Omnitrix orb.
      As Albert got out of his house, he turned towards the door, locking it and then dropping it into his pocket. He then noticed he hadn't dropped the recorder and decided to take it along, dropping it into his pocket.

*.       *.       *. 
The recorder is shown to drop on the floor as Albert tried to put in his pocket. A guard then walked towards it and bent down, picking it

*.         *.         *.  

" So here we are. " Jordan said as he and Vanessa reached the shields on the border if Fort Haven.
Jordan then pressed a remote control making the shield go down. They then both stepped out of Fort Haven with the shield coming back up.
   " Thanks for everything you've done so far,  I'm going to miss you." Vanessa said holding his hands.
    " I promise, I'll be coming to check on you, even if it means fighting my dad's guards." Jordan said putting on a shallow smile.
" Why?" Vanessa asked pushing aside a strand of her hair from her face.
" Cause..... Cause, I love you" Jordan said as his eye colour changed to a dull grey.
   Jordan then slowly moved closer to Vanessa and leaned in with Vanessa transfixed to a spot in surprise as Jordan's lips crushed down onto hers.
Vanessa then remained for some seconds before returning the kiss.
*.     *.     *.

" Our plan failed, they probably ignored our threats" Author said hitting a stick on the floor.
" We have to find a way to get her out ourselves" Eugene said.
" There's nothing out here, let's go into the city and wait till night" Emma said and began to walk forward after which Author and Eugene followed behind, closely.

As they neared the Fort's shield, they spotted from afar off, Vanessa kissing Jordan.
" Who's he" Emma asked.
" Don't know, don't care" Author said staring at them as they kissed.

As Jordan and Vanessa broke the kiss, they looked forward noticing the three of them.
" Bye" Jordan said and kissed Vanessa in the forehead before heading back into Fort Haven.
*.       *.       *. 

The door to the council chamber opens and Albert stepped in with Norman sitting on a chair at the other end of the room with two guards standing next to him.

" What?" Albert asked in worry, noticing Norman's furious look.
" What is the meaning of this?" Norman asked holding up a recorder making Albert's eyes widen in surprise on recognising it.
" Em.... I planned to inform you immediately it became successful" Albert said.
" Liar" Norman retorted.
" Do you think I don't know of your plan to save only your family, I had my guard's watching you." Norman said looking sideways at his guards.
" Now, you've implicated your family, I'll end you all." Norman said.
" You can't kill me, you need me or you'll all die" Albert said with his expression changing.
" No, I don't, I have everything I need" Norman said holding up a recorder.
" Take him away." Norman said and the guard's with him grabbed Albert.