The Council

Chapter fifteen

Episode one.

" How long have we been walking now?" Emma said
" I don't know but we have to continue till we find a clue to the people who abducted Vanessa and to where" Author said staring up at the night stars and the Cresent moon.
" You don't have to feel guilty, you know" Eugene said at Author who faced him on hearing that.
" What do you mean?" Author asked.
" You don't have to pretend, I know you feel guilty about letting Vanessa being the one to stay in the first cabinet, you wish you had been the one on top" Eugene said placing his hand on Author's shoulder.
" Guys, look up" Emma said and they all looked up to see a city dotted with tall buildings, illuminated with various colours of light.
Emma, excited then began to run forward with Eugene and Author facing each other before running behind her.
" Aaargh" Emma said as the force field sparked throwing her into the grasses.
Author then slowly placed his hand on the force field, wincing in pain as a blue light sparked on the invincible field sizzling his fingers.
" Vanessa is in there, how do we get in" Eugene said.
Suddenly, Author let out a growl as his claws extracted from his fingers.
He then be placed his claws on the force field and began to slowly cut through the field which sparked rapidly in turn.
After cutting it to a certain extent, Author stopped panting rapidly.
Eugene then moved forward and transformed into his wolf form and put his hands into the hole Author had created in the field of began to pull it apart, groaning.
" Eugene, that's okay" Emma shouted as blue streaks began to spark around his body with his furs begining to smoke.
The field's energy then suddenly threw Eugene into the grass making him transform back into his human form against his will with his torso naked.
" It's wide enough now" Eugene said standing up as his shirt appeared on his body.
" We don't know anything about them, they could be dangerous" Emma said.
" They also don't know anything about us, we'll use that to our advantage" Author said entering the hole into Fort Haven.
*. *. *.
Streets of Fort Haven.
" This could be my chance to finally take over" Aramis said walking with his wife across the streets of Fort Haven.
" The drug I found him using can proof it" Aramis continued with his bright purple-green eyes glowing through his extremely pale face.
" What if all he has is a minor sickness" Devale, Aramis wife said adjusting the veil on her head.
" Belcheck will help clerify that now, if Norman truly has a serious illness then the council will no longer trust his judgement, he'll be dethroned and I'll take his place" Aramis said.
" His son, Jordan, he's the next in line, do you think he'll really be passed over" Devale said facing her husband who had a rather calm expression on his face.
" Yes, the council will never agree to be judged by a child" Aramis said in an icy tone.
" What of Belthazar, he's loyal to Norman and the council always listens to him" Devale said.
" The old man" Aramis said and chuckled.
" I have a loyalist in his court, one word and he'll be taken care of" Aramis said and turned, knocking on a door. A slot on the door opened and a twilight orange eye peeled through the door and then dissapeared.
" I promise you, I'll end Aveera's insults towards you, I promise" Aramis said facing Devale and then looked forward as the door opened to reveal a fat man with a wierld beards and orange eyes.
" Aramis" he said seeming happy to see him.
" It's been a long time Belcheck" Devale said, smiling.
" Something tells me you didn't just stop bye to say hello, what brings you here?" Belcheck asked closing the door as Aramis and Devale stepped into the poorly illuminated and cozy house.
" I need you to help me run some test on a drug" Aramis said holding out a white tube.
" You're really looking better than the last time I saw you, advantages of the council, hungh?" Belcheck said collecting the white tube from Aramis, walking over to a table.
" The council is not what you think it is, I'll call it a cult of deception, lies and corruption" Aramis said picking up a book on a book on the shelf and flipping through it.
" You know for a ex-detail, I never knew you liked classics" Belcheck said carefully placing a drop of clear liquid on a transparent slide.
" Well, now you know" Aramis said dropping the book on his hands on the shelf.

Note: Details are a group of carefully selected and bred warlocks with extreme fighting abilities and heightened senses

" Aramis" Belcheck said.
" What?" Aramis asked as he and Devale faced Belcheck.
" Have been having constant migranes" Belcheck asked and Devale faced Aramis in concern.
" No, why?" Aramis asked.
" Whoever has been using this drug has a serious brain tumor" Belcheck.
" I knew it" Aramis said, smiling mischievously.
*. *. *.
Council chambers, Fort Haven.
" General Ryder keeps sending letters from the barracks" a council member said.
" Why?" Norman asked all the way at the far end of the council table with Belthazar, the oldest man in the council at the other end.
" He says his details are getting bored, that you should give him permission to explore the lands outside of Fort Haven so we could expand our territory" the council member continued.
" Well, tell him I said no, at least not now, not until we know and are prepared for whatever is out there." Norman said and suddenly, the door at the end of the room burst open with Waldo, the chief of security and a man stepped in.
" My lord, this man close to the border says he has a message for you" Waldo said.
" And what is that?" Norman asked.
" He refused to talk till he sees you" Waldo said.
" Speak"
" My lord, while I was farming on my land, some people appeared to me and told me to deliver this message to you ' We are the rightful inhabitants of this world, we know a lot you don't know and you don't want to know, release our citizen you held captive, you have 24 hrs" the man said.
"Which prisoner?" A council member asked.
" It's a lady my son found" Norman said.
" How did they penetrate into our shield?" Someone asked and they all began to murmur.
Suddenly everyone stopped as Belthazar cleared his throat.
" If they were able to penetrate into our shield, then they must be really powerful, I say we release her" Belthazar said gently, taking his words one by one.
Norman then went silent before finally speaking up.
"Fetch her" Norman said but Waldo remained silent looking up in fear.
" That might not be possible" Waldo said.
" What do you mean?" Norman asked, furious.
" She escaped"
*. *. *.

A/N
So which team do think will win, team Aramis or team Norman. Aramis is kinda smart, I think, he has a plan for every possible action that could hinder his success.
Lest I forget, I've been unsure of which kind Jordan should be, either a healer ( healing abilities), warlock ( fighting abilities), techron ( technological genius ), seelie ( clairvoyant ( mind) abilities) or a mundane ( regular person). I'm open to suggestions.
Don't forget to vote and give your feedback if you enjoyed. See ya in the next chapter.