•twenty one•

The night was slow unfortunately, well not for me in particular. One of my co worker, Miss Lin, who is a single mother of two kids was hoping to get extra cash for kids. One of their birthday was is tomorrow and she wanted to take them to a trampoline place and nice dinner but luck was not on her side.

I try to give her thirty dollars but she would not take it. She was a sweet women and I felt bad that she wasn't able to do something special for child's birthday.

It was fifteen till midnight and my shift was almost over. I had to do my side work and I was able to leave. In the middle of my side work, I felt some one watching me.

I turn around and glance around the diner and I didn't see anybody who was trying to get my attention.

Weird. I thought.

I was restocking the back area when I heard my name being called.

It was my manager.

"Is there something wrong Mr. Chung?" I ask.

"Umm Lisa, there's a guy asking for you to take his order."

"But my shift is almost over." I argue with him.

"I know but he is being very persistent." He tells me.

I sign out is defeat.

"Table 18." My manager tells me.

I scan the diner till I got to table 18. It was a man in his mid thirties. He was in a nice suit and look very out of place.

He didn't look familiar and wonder why he requested me. I slowly went to the table.

"Hello, I'm Lisa. Can I get you a drink to start off with?" I ask the guy.

"Water please." He tells me without looking at me.

I went to get the water and came back to the table.

"Here's your water sir. Are you ready to order?" I got my notepad and pen ready.

He didn't say a word.

"Would you like me to come back?" I ask the guy.

The man sets the menu down and looks at me. "What are you going to school for?"

I stared at him quizzically. "How do you know I go to school?"

"Are you dating anyone?" The man ask me.

I put my arms down. "I don't think that's your business." I tell the man.

"What's your relation with Jeon Jungkook?"

I gasp at Kookie's full name out of this man.

"How do you know Kookie?"

"I'm asking you the questions ma'am." His gaze was piercing through me. I would be intimidated but I was worry about Kookie.

"Actually sir, I should be asking the question, more in the lines of what you want to eat. But if you are going to continue this rude behavior then I will leave." I tell the man.

He quirk an eye brow. "You have a mouth don't you?" He ask.

"When it comes to people I care about, yes." I tell the man.

"I see." He was in the midst of thinking about something. "Well, I think that is enough for today. Thank you for your time." He got up and place money on the table and leaves.

I was standing by the table speechless.

What the hell was that about? Who was he?

I look down at the money he put down and was surprise to see a hundred dollar bill.

One hundred dollars for water and a weird integration. I didn't feel right taking the money for something I didn't deserve.

I took the one hundred dollar bill and went to the back to get ready to leave since was close to 12:30 and Kookie said he would be here at this time.

I got my coat and purse and walked outside when I saw Miss Lin.

"Oh your getting off too?" Miss Lin ask me.

I nod my head. "Did you make some money?" I ask her.

She sadly shook her head no. "I made enough to pay the light bill which is due tomorrow but not enough to spare." She tells me.

I frown at her words. My eyes lit up when I realize what I should do for my one hundred dollar from the strange guy. But last time I offer her money she refused it.

I look around and saw her purse slightly open.

I saw a light shining our way and turn to see it was Kookie. He stopped in front of us. I turn to Miss Lin.

"Will you be alright going home?" I ask her.

"Of course sweetheart. You get home safely." She tells me.

I went into my purse and slowly took the money out and leans in to give Miss Lin a hug. As I reach around her I discreetly put the money in her purse.

I pulled back with a victory smile.

"Good night." I wave to her as I got into the car.

I turn to Kookie and he gives me a curious look.

"What?" I ask.

"Did you give the lady money?" He ask.

"Oh did you see that?" He nods his head. "Well she's a single mom, and one of her child birthday is tomorrow and I wanted to help out. Beside I didn't earn that money."

"What do you mean you didn't earn the money?"

I look at Kookie more closely and he looked tired. V did call him about issues at work. I wonder if he had a rough day.

I wonder telling him about the strange guy would be a good idea. I decide to wait at a better time. I didn't want Kookie to bothered by anything.

"I mean, the manager gave me more tables than I could handle. He had Miss Lin help me out without tipping her. So I felt bad." I lied.

He gives me a small smile. "That was nice of you."

I give him a smile. "Thank you. Ready to go home?"

He nods his head and we were on our way home.