•twenty five•

Have you ever felt like disappointed someone? It's an awful feeling. His gaze never left me once I walked into the room. I wish I could say they were happy and welcoming but they are not.

"What are you doing here?" Kookie cold voice sent chills to me.

"I invited her remember." Kookie father answers him.

"And I said she wasn't coming." He told his father then back to me. "How the hell did you get here?"

"Tae Woo, fetched her for me. Her and the other girls." His father continues to answer his question.

Kookie was not happy I can see it but that didn't stop him to walk up me and a caress my cheek.

"You okay?" He whispers.

I give him a gentle smile. "Yes. I'm sorry."

"You been lying to me?" He ask.

"No, I just haven't told you." I tell him. He looks at me as if he wasn't happy with my answer. "I'm sorry. I felt like I had to, weather I wanted to or not."

"Well if you two don't mind but some of us are starving." Kookie father interrupted us

We look at his father and he kept composed and mischievous.

I saw my friends go to their boyfriends and you can see that each of the guys were confuse and worry.

Before we sat down, a beautiful lady walks in. She had a smile on her face and beautiful set of eyes.

"Jungkook, baby. You are finally here." The lady said to Kookie.

Kookie smiles, like really smiles. "Hello mother."

Mother?

Kookie walks to the women and kisses her cheek. When she backs away and glance at every one, her eyes stops me at me.

"Jungkook, is this Lalisa?" His mother ask.

"Umm, yes. But how do you know...." his question lingers as she walks up to me.

"Oh sweetheart, you are beautiful!" She said.

I was shock and didn't know what to do but I look over Kookie and he gave me an okay look. So when she came to me and hug me, I hug her back.

"My goodness, your a dancer aren't you?" She ask. I didn't answer because Kookie expression shows shock. "You must be, you are in great shape. How did exam go? Did you pass?" She continues to ask questions as if she and I were close.

"Umm, yes actually." I tell her.

"Oh that's fabulous. Come on let's have dinner." She takes my hand and guide me to the table.

Kookie rush to my side. "Mom I got it. You can have a seat with father."

His mother gives her son a proud look.

"Did you tell your mother about me?" I whisper to Kookie.

"Not at all..." he whispers back.

"Then how did..."

"I have no idea." He answers before I could finish my question.

We sat down, the others were quiet as a mouse while they  watch everything.

"Let's eat first why don't we." Kookie father said.

Nobody said a word when the food came out. J hope and Jin would make small talk here and there. Kookie mother did ask Jennie, Jisoo and Rose a lot of questions. They answer carefully to the women.

Overall the dinner was awkward.

Till the end.

When the maids came to pick up our dessert plates, Kookie father watched me and Kookie with piercings gaze. I shifted uncomfortably in my chair.

"Lalisa, how is it living with my son?" Kookie father spoke out.

I look at a Kookie then his father. "Good. You raise him well."

"I didn't actually buy thank you." His father said.

Kookie mother next to him frown for the first time tonight.

"How long will you be there for?" He ask.

"Till she wants." Kookie answers.

"Hmm, even after the wedding?" His father ask.

I turn to Kookie with a curious look. "Whose getting marry?" Jennie boldly ask.

"Jungkook of courses." Kookie mother said out loud.

I heard a string gasp and curse words in the background. I wish I had the strength to do either or but I was set in my chair staring at Kookie.

"Marry?" I whisper to Kookie.

He turns to me with sad eyes and nod.

"Don't worry sweetie." Kookie mother said. I relentlessly took my eyes off of Kookie and face his mother. "You can still be in Kookie's life. Just not in the public eye."

"I'm sorry."

"We can see you two have feeling for one another, it's adorable but unfortunately Kookie is to be married to Umji the daughter of Min Hotel Enterprise." His father tell me with triumph smile.

"Jungkook, you haven't told her? Tsk tsk."she shook her head with disappointment. "I'm sorry dear but that was the deal Jungkook and his father have when his clubs were going bankrupt." His mother explains.

"What? Bankrupt?" I turn to Kookie confuse.

He took a sign of defeat. "I'll explain later."

"No, explain now." I tell him.

"Please Lili.." he begs.

"Explain to me or your parents will, and from the looks of it, they are willing to tell me everything." I said louder than I intended to.

I felt betrayed.

He eyes his parents with hatred. "A year ago, my clubs was not doing well. My father lent me money in one condition... to get marry with Umji." He said.

"And you... you.. but wait, what about the girls you brought home and the flirting.. all the moments.. what how?" I stutter out, trying to figure out the question I was trying to ask.

"Oh dear, he can have all the fun he wants. Just keep it low after he gets marry." Kookie mother said in the background.

I was furious how his parents are saying disgusting things. He is arranged to me marry with someone he doesn't love, and they are okay with him being with other girls as long as the public doesn't know. Do they hear the words that are coming out of their mouth.

I abruptly stood from my chair and look at the couple.

"Do you hear the words coming out of your mouth? How could you do this to your son? Why?" I ask them.

"It's what happen to us, and look at us we are content with life." His mother answer.

"You are happy with living a lie? You are happy with being despicable people?" His mother was caught off guard but his father stayed composed. "Get your mind out of the 18th century, that's not how people live. You two seriously have a place in hell with your name on it."

"Excuse me?" Kookie mother has the audacity to look offended.

"No, excuse me. Your presence is starting to become a headache." I tell the couple and walk away.

I storm out of the house, having no clue where I was going but that house was suffocating me. I was at the gate of their house when the rain starts to come down.

Before I could take another step, I felt a hand on my arm.

I saw Kookie, and I wanted to be mad but I couldn't. All I wanted to do was hug him. And that's exactly what I did.