Chapter 10: Competition day

Meghan's POV

The next day...

We arrived at the ALDC LA and we rehearsed the group dance and then Brynn had her solo rehearsal but Kalani has to leave because her birth dad has his wedding on Saturday and she was going to support him.

I was in the dancers den when Jack came up and he hugged me and he kissed me because we haven't seen each other all summer, "Hey Jack" "Hey Meghan, how was your summer?" "It was a busy summer" Jack's mom decided that Jack and her were going to leave the ALDC Pittsburgh studio but Jack still wanted to dance with me so his mom and him moved up to La to dance here and Abby was totally fine with it after all she likes Jack and she knows that he and I are dating and she's totally fine with it as long as our relationship does not distract me from the team.

Jack and I head into another room in the studio and we dance a duet together and it just feels so good to dance with him again.

Later on...

Maddie facetimed me and we talked about the movie and she thanked me for telling the directer to offer her the role I was meant to have in the movie she is filming and we talked about other sister stuff before I ended the call.

Two days later...

We arrived at the competition place and the fans were screaming for us as we walked past them and then we got into our dressing room and Maddie was here and the moms were asking her questions about the movie while i sighed the moms never asked me questions about that kind of stuff and Brynn got ready for her solo, my mom then said to me "Meghan walk out the door" "Why?" "Just walk out the door with me" "Ok" I then stepped out the door and I heard Miss Abby say to Gianna as I was leaving with my mom "Where is she going?" "Just out the door" "Oh ok"

My mom then said to me "You are acting like a brat in there" "No, I'm not" "Just be happy for Maddie" "I am happy for her" "No, you are not" "Yes, I am" Miss Abby then came out and so did the other girls and Gianna and their moms and they walked past my mom and I expect for Miss Abby, Miss Abby then said "What's going on out here?" "Meghan is acting like a brat" "No, I'm not mom, stop it" "She's just mad because the moms never ask her about the movie she filmed while they are asking Maddie questions about the movie she is filming" "Mom, stop it" Miss Abby then said to my mom "Melissa, wake up, your kid is not a brat, she's just upset by you" "No, she's not" "She's getting mad at you because you put so much pressure on her, you put so much more pressure on her that she cracks and I've seen it happen before with her and I'm not going to allow you to do it again" "No Abby, you do, you put the pressure on her" I then walked off because I was so sick of Miss Abby and my mom arguing over me.

I catch up to the other girls who were side stage and we watch Gavin from BDA perform his solo and then Brynn performed her solo and we got back to our dressing room and we started getting ready for the group dance.

We preformed our group dance and I was doing my special parts with Jojo who was in the bubble and then once we finished performed the audience clapped for us, we then got off the stage and the BDA moms were putting the props out for their group dance and it was their version of our nationals dance the waiting room and they almost got disqualified for taking too long with setting their props up but it was decided that they were allowed to perform and it was points off and then it was time for the awards and Brynn won and Gavin got second with his solo and the group won as well.

After the awards...

We talked in the dressing room and the moms and Miss Abby kept on talking about Maddie and then after Miss Abby left Maddie and I said goodbye to each other before she left for New York city for two weeks.