Chapter 12: Competition day

Meghan's POV
Competition day...
Today was the day of competition and we arrived and we went into our dressing room and I helped Mackenzie get ready for her solo while Nia and Kendall got ready for their solos.

Kendall then came out of the professional makeup room in her costume and this old looking face like her grandma and Jess and Jojo were trying to cheer her up because Kendall didn't like the makeup and she took got to take it off and she put on normal makeup before we went side stage and Nia performed her solo before she got critiques from one of the judges before she left the stage and then Kendall performed her solo and the same judge gave her critiques before Mackenzie performed her solo and I was so proud of her and the same judge gave her critiques before she left the stage and then we got back to the dressing room and then we got ready for the group dance and then we performed the group dance and we got critiques before we left the stage.

After awards....
Mackenzie got fourth with her solo, Kendall got third in their division and Nia got second in the teen division with her solo and the group came second and then Miss Abby told off the soloists for not winning and she based it off the scores for a solo next week and Kendall won because her score was the highest score of the three soloists so she gets a solo next week and Miss Abby told Mackenzie that our mom doesn't want her to be another Meghan or be another Maddie because she just wants her to be Mackenzie  and Miss Abby wants her to do what Maddie and I are doing, Mackenzie then said to her "Well I think this dance was too young for me that's what I think but..." "But that's why we gave it to you because it's easy and I'm not going to give you a lyrical routine and tell you to straighten your legs and point your feet because it's wasting my time and I have my minis coming next week" Miss Abby then said to me "Who knows Meghan if I might have someone on this mini team better then you because your fire is dimming and I might just have my new Meghan next week" "Abby, how dare you?!?!" My mom said to her while I packed up my stuff and I got changed out of the group dance costume, My mom then said to Miss Abby "How dare you say that to her when she's been here since day one and I don't understand why you don't like her anymore" "Because as soon as she started getting jobs, her dancing has become worse" "That's not true" "Yes, it is, you even saw it the other day when I had to yell at her several times about things on the tumbling track she should be able to do without me yelling at her several times about it" "It doesn't matter, she fixes her mistakes and she works to fix them" "Well then I was going to give her a solo next week but you just ruined it for her toodles" Miss Abby then left and then we all got onto the bus to travel back to La.