Chapter 26: Competition day

Meghan's POV
Today was competition day and we arrived at the competition place and we got into our dressing room and the duets started getting ready for the day and then Miss Abby walked in sick and she had her hair up in rollers and it was so funny to me because she was acting like she went out to a party last night and got drunk and is having a hangover, Ashlee then went to help Miss Abby and then the duets ran their numbers before Miss Abby gave us a pep talk before we went side stage and Nia and Kendall performed their duet and there was a flub up in the middle with Nia and then once they were done and they got off the stage, they both were upset about it but I need to stay focused on my duet. Brynn and I then performed our duet and then our music stopped but we just kept on going with out missing a beat and then we did our final pose before we got offstage and we went back to the dressing room.

Miss Abby told Nia and Kendall their corrections before we got ready for the group dance and then we performed the group dance and then it was time for the awards.

After awards...
Kendall's duet got second overall and my duet got first overall so we won despite our music stopping for my duet and the group dance won as well.

We got back to the dressing room after the awards and Miss Abby told me that I need a solo next week because I need to be polished and wonderful and as amazing as I was in the duet on my own doing a solo, I then nodded at that before we went to get changed and then I got into my mom's car and we drove home with Kalani because she came with us to the competition to watch us compete.

Three hours later...
We arrived home and I received a text message from jack saying "Hey babe, I'm helping out with a mini hip hop class this afternoon so we can't go on our date later, sorry x" "That's ok babe, I completely understand and I hope you have fun helping out with the class xoxo" I then took a shower before dinner and then I was chilling on my laptop when Jack appeared and I said to him "Jack, what are you doing here?" "You never showed up for our date" "What are you talking about?, you canceled it because of a mini hip hop class you were helping out with" "I never was helping out with a hip hop class, what are you talking about?" I then showed him the texts between us and he said "I never sent that to you" "Then who did?" "I don't know unless..." "Unless what?" "It was Brynn, I asked her to send a email on my phone to someone since I didn't know how to do it and she did while I went to the bathroom, she must have sent you that text before I came back" "But how was she at the studio when we just completed six hours ago?" "She must live nearby the studio with her mom and she was helping a class after competing today" "She tried to separate us by putting the blame on me that I never showed up for our date" "She needs to be kicked off the show" "Exactly but Miss Abby likes her" "I know but I know a way to cheer you up" Jack then placed my laptop on the ground and he kissed me and I kissed back before we went to sleep together.