𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐭 𝟏

ⓎⓄⓊⓉⓊⒷⒺ

Album: 𝗥𝗲𝗽𝘂𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗟𝘆𝗿𝗶𝗰𝘀 𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗱
By: Amanda Cox

"Hey, guys I'm doing this whole album lyrics decoding since there is no explanation just reputation like Kass mentioned— all of this is just my opinion."

∙ ~εïз~ ∙

...Ready For It?

The song is basically of Kass telling the new person she's in a relationship if he's ready for what's coming once they truly start the relationship, seeing how she's doesn't have the greatest image when it comes to relationship.

'Knew he was a killer first time that I saw him'

Kass may be talking in how handsome and/ or stunningly Harry Styles (current boyfriend) was when they first meet. Now when Kass says, 'first time' it could've been when they first met after not seeing each other for two years is where she finally got a good view of how handsome he was and the feeling started to develop.

'Wonder how many girls he had loved and left haunted
But if he's a ghost, then I can be a phantom
Holdin' him for ransom'

In the first verse, Kass acknowledges that she doesn't really know the man she's interested in if he has broken up with many girls or left many of them wanting more as she has in the eyes of social media. But she's willing to rise to the challenge and keep him as a 'ransom' to those who wanted him before her seeing how 'he's a ghost' which means she's not going to be one of the girls and he isn't going to be like those men before him,

'Some, some boys are tryin' too hard
He doesn't try at all, though
Younger than my exes but he act like such a man, so'

This is obviously a line of her referencing to her dating someone who is a bit younger than she usually goes for, of course, she dated boys like Cody Simpson, Austin Mahone, that one rumor with Shawn Mendes but Kass may be stating of her last two past relationships with Neymar Jr who it was 25 (5-year gap) and Aaron Carter 30 (a 10-year gap) and that her new boyfriend acts more of a man to her than any of her exes ever did and he doesn't even have to try and lavish her with many getaway trips or gifts and that doing little things and going to simple dates is enough for her, it shows how she just wants a real relationship one based of love and privacy and not going around and flaunt expensive materials for the world to see.

I see nothing better, I keep him forever
Like a vendetta-ta'

It shows here that Kass is talking about her new relationship sweep her off her feet and that they came a long way. Kass and Harry were seen back in July when they were seen leaving a club for her friend Daniels party, on occasions caught by paparazzi, she knows he's the one cause this relationship will be different from her past ones.

'I-I see how this is gon' go
Touch me and you'll never be alone'

The pre-chorus lightens up a little from the verse and has Kass predicting the course of the relationship. If he'll "touch" her, he'll "never be alone." Now if you don't know Kass than you don't know that this line is a bit sad, she's referring to the paparazzi and media who surround her love life, once you touch her you will never be alone which indicates that the person will be around her chaotic life will not be private and with people and the world asking the question about their relationship.