𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧

🅘🅝🅢🅣🅐🅖🅡🅐🅜

𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒𝐭𝐡 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

Instagram story

Caption- @davidmendez12 and I making our way to the AMA's!

Caption-  @davidmendez12 and I making our way to the AMA's!

𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄𝘀:11,300,930

≫≫∘❁♥❁∘≪≪

• 𝐚𝐦𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 •

• 𝐚𝐦𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐡 •

  "First of all, I want to say that getting to share the stage with Misty Copeland and Charli XCX and Camila and all those amazing dancers tonight was absolute, in so many ways, a dream come true, and so I just, that performance was even more fun than I hoped it would be. I cannot believe that it's Carole King, it's you, who gave me this award. My dad and two other beautiful women are here tonight, and they tell told me that they would listen to 'Tapestry' and all your other records in high school and then my dad took those records with him, packed them up in boxes, and took them to college with him. Then when he got his own house, they took those records with him there. And then when he had my siblings and me, he played those records for us. And I just remember, when I fell in love with music it was right around the time I realized how marvelous it was that an artist could transcend so many different phases and changes in people's lives. So, you taught me that that's a possibility.

I guess what I'm trying to say is all any of the artists, or really anyone in this room, wants is to create something that will last, whatever it is in life. And the fact that this is an award that celebrates a decade of hard work and of art and of fun and memories, all that matters to me is the memories that I have had with you guys, with you the fans, over the years. Guys, we've had fun, incredible, exhilarating, extraordinary times together, and may it continue. Thank you for being the reason why I am on this stage, from the very first day of my career until tonight. I love you with all of my heart. Thank you for everything. Thank you, AMAs. Thank you, just thank you, I'm so lucky to get to do this.

I really don't have anything articulate to say. I just—just the fact that the last year of my life has had some of the most amazing times and also some of the just like hardest things I've gone through in my life. And not—a lot of them are things that haven't been public, and I wanted to thank you so much for being the thing that has been a constant in my life. Like, this industry is really weird where sometimes people who do what we do feel like—and I'm sure as some of you feel like this too with your lives like you feel like your stock is either up or down and people either like you or they don't or you're feeling bad about yourself but the people who hang in there for you are the ones that you will never forget.