two

"Your fiancé ran away." 

Hearing those words, I didn't know how to react. A part of me was happy, so happy that I won't be married to someone I'm not even acquainted with. Though a part of me felt guilty; guilty that I'm feeling happy because of the news. My fiance running away meant that dad's deal with Mr. Kim won't happen and that our company's in trouble once again. 

"Are you sure about that? Maybe the kid's just out there partying." Mom said

Dad squeezed his eye shut and massaged his sinus, stressed by what's happening, "He's been missing for 2 days already." 

Despite mom and dad panicking, Jin leaned to my side and whispered, "Looks like someone's afraid to be tied to you." I stepped on his foot, making him howl in pain. Our parents looked at us because of him but Jin quickly straightened his posture and mustered a smile, "You could just find another friend of yours, dad. Someone who has a son that won't run away from this girl." 

I pinched his leg under the table, all while smiling at my parents. "That's if you find another friend willing to help you." I faced Jin with an annoyed look on my face, "You just won't shut up, will you?" Even hurt, Jin still managed to laugh at me; I can now commend how good of an actor he is.

"Little sis, I'm not afraid of you." he smirked at me as I finally let go of his leg. 

"Jisoo, Jin, finish your food and go to your rooms." Mom instructed, wiping her face with a napkin since she's done with her food. 

"I'll meet you to my office, Dara." Dad didn't even finish his food and went to his office.

The following days in school weren't as boring as my past years studying here. But the reason why I don't find it boring was because students, led by Niana and her friends, started bullying me more than ever. 

"Why are you still here? Can you still even afford the tuition?" asked Candice, one of Niana's friends. 

"Is that all you can say?" I deadpanned, not really in the mood to talk to them. 

Chaeyoung nudged my arm and said, "Soo, let's go."  We started to walk away when someone pulled my hair, causing me to step backwards. "Oh, you did not just do that!" Chaeng chuckled nervously, looking sideways at me. I closed my eyes shut, calming myself, without looking behind me to even see who pulled my hair.

I won't let them get into me.

When I finally calmed down, I said, "Come on, Chaeng."

"Wait just a minute, you freak! I'm not done talking about how poor your family is going to be!" I heard Niana's yell as someone pulled my hair again.

Chaeyoung gasped and I finally looked back to glare at Niana, "You are so dead." I pulled Niana's hair with all the force I can give while she also pulled my hair, her minions yelling something I couldn't understand because of the adrenaline rushing through me. 

"Jisoo, let go!" Chaeyoung said, pulling me away from Niana, "Professor Minzy is coming." When I let go, Chaeyoung fixed my hair, "Breathe, cuz. Breathe." 

I was panting, but my anger isn't subsiding anytime soon. "If you've got nothing good to say, just shut that big mouth of yours."

"What's going on here?" Professor Minzy said when she reached us, "Why is your hair a mess, Ms. Lim? 

"That peasant started it!" Niana pointed at me," She pulled my hair. I just defended myself! "

Chaeyoung stepped in between us to face the professor, "Professor, Niana started it. She called my cousin a freak and dragged our family down."