thirty-two

"You're what?!" I exclaimed, making Eunwoo frantically cover my mouth to shut me up. 

"Jisoo, please lower down your voice." 

"I'm sorry" I whispered. "How? When?" 

"During Valentine's day." His voice came out like a whisper, "When my friends convinced me to go to a bar before my supposed date with you…" 

"What happened?" I asked, questions flooding inside my head that are yet to be asked

"I don't know. I just woke up on Dahyun's bed in her apartment near the university, it's where she stays instead of the dormitory." He kept on fidgeting as he tells me his story, "I asked her what exactly happened and she said that we did IT. I seriously had no idea what happened the night before that.." I  stared at him, waiting for him to continue. "I went back to uni alone with a headache. I kept my distance with Dahyun after that. Then this week, she told me that she missed her period. She said that she thinks she's pregnant and that I'm clearly the father."

"Maybe she's just paranoid.." I commented

"I don't know.. But just her telling me that.. It scares me… What if it's true? What would my parents tell me?"

"Eunwoo" I said, "She's not sure yet if she's pregnant. Maybe she's mistaken and her period's just irregular.." 

"But what if it's true, Soo? What should I do?" 

"It's best to tell it to your parents, Eunwoo. You know that." I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry but you have to take responsibility." 

"I know.." Tears started to pool down his eyes, "I just didn't expect that this would happen so fast.." 

"Let's not talk about our wedding for the time being." I stood up, "Let's fix your problem first before ours." I hugged him and let go quickly after.

"Are you sure about that?" he asked, "What about V?" 

"I guess I'll tell him when I'm ready too." I sighed. "When I've also fixed my problem with Lisa."

"Why? What happened?"

"She's been avoiding me and JK for the past days." I groaned. "She's not even looking at me when we're at the dorm." 

"Oh, right! She's not sitting beside Jungkook like she used to. She's not even picking him when we need to be paired up for an activity in class. Did something happen during the weekend?" 

"Jungkook told Lisa that he only sees her as his best friend and a sister" I said softly, "But before that, he told me that he knows Lisa likes him and he doesn't feel the same way back.. I had to keep it a secret until that day when we were playing truth or dare." 

"I don't see what your fault is in the situation." He cringed, "You keeping it a secret isn't a problem. It's actually good that it was Jungkook who told her about what he feels for her." 

 "I know" I said, "But I still kept a secret from her. I still sided with my friends who are trying to keep her hopes up with JK."

"It's no one's fault, Soo." Eunwoo tried to reassure me, "It's not Jungkook's fault for not feeling the same way, it's also not your fault for keeping his secret, it's not any of your friends' fault for teasing them with each other since they know nothing about Jungkook's feelings, and it's not your fault for keeping his secret."

"But-"

"Most people need time to heal and they do so by distancing. Lisa's your friend, I'm sure she'll come back to your circle soon." 

"I heard she's been hanging out with Hoseok lately, and that's a good thing, at least."

"He's from your circle too, right?" he asked