seven

"Soo, I can't be with you for the next classes today." Jennie told me when we got out of the room after our first class for the day.

"What? Why?" I pouted and showed her my puppy eyes, something Jin can't refuse when I wanted something from him.

Her eyes slitted as she looked at me, "That puppy eyes of yours won't get through me." She laughed. "I have a meeting with my other club members since we have to perform during the UOS Foundation Week."

"Foundation week? When is that?"

"The second week of February. It'll hit Valentine's Day too." She winked at me. "Better get a boy before then."

"I'm not good with that." I pouted once again.

"Should I help you?"

I shook my head aggressively. "Don't. I don't need a boy during that day. I'd rather spend that day with my brother.. or you girls, if you want."

Jennie placed a hand over her chest, "That's heartwarming. I'd consider your offer if I don't have any guy that day." We laughed but she waved her hand. "Who am I kidding? I can't even confess to my cru-" She stopped midsentence after she realized where she's going.

"You have a crush?" I asked her, wide eyed.

"Shhh." She looked at her wristwatch and said, "Have to go. Bye!"

"But Jennie!" I yelled but she was already sprinting towards the music room. She's part of the UOS Singers, the name of the choir of this university.

Without Jennie, I was forced to sit by myself during lunch time. That is, until Eun Woo sat with me.

"Hey." He greeted. "No friends today?"

"Jennie's practicing with her club members." I frowned, poking my fork to the chicken I ordered.

"Should I get Lisa then? I'm sure she's done eating too." Eun Woo suggested, about to get his phone from his pockets before I stopped him with my fork.

"No. It's okay. I can just spend the rest of the time with you." I grinned at him, "We need to know more about each other."

Eun Woo grinned back at me, "Did you join any club yet?"

I gulped my water before shaking my head. "I'm still thinking if I should join Journalism or be with Jennie in UOS Singers."

"Why not both?" He asked.

"I can't do that. I'm kind of lazy in attending meetings, you know."

"Then join Journalism, they don't have much meetings unlike the UOS Singers."

I frowned again, still undecided. "But I want to be part of the singers too."

Eun Woo sighed and leaned on his seat. "Can you give me a sample then?"

"What?"

"Sing a song for me, please?" He asked in a tiny voice and smiled like a kid.

I lifted my chin up, confident, "What song?"

"Anything that you want, Jisoo. "

Since I'm done eating, I searched for a song in my phone, with Eun Woo smiling at me.

"Okay, I found one." I told him as I searched for the song's lyrics.

"What song?"

"Idea by AKMU" I said.

"Sojae! Nice song. I know that too." He explained.

"Want to sing with me?" I taunted him.

"Game on, Jisoo." He gave me a smirk, which looked good on him.

"Yosae maeummankeum, saenggagi an ttarajwo

Uiyogeun neomchineunge, sojaega da tteoreojyeonneyo

Nae iyagiye sojaega dweeo jul bun eobnayo" I sang quietly to avoid getting the people's attention.

(The words inside the parenthesis is when Eun Woo joins in with her singing.)

"Soneul nopi deulgo (hey!)

Nuneul keuge tteugo (hey!)

Mwo? mojaneun sseuji malgo, ittae ittaekkaji galgo

Dakkatdeon (dakkatdeon)

Neomanye geol (neomanye geol)

Boyeobwa

(Show me what you have your own)"

Eun Woo and I laughed as we enjoyed singing the song, some people were even looking at us. I didn't care, and neither did he, making me comfortable with him around.

Should I consider Eun Woo and the marriage now?

Eun Woo walked me to my next class before going to his. When I got inside, Jimin approached me, looking curious.

"Are you sure he's not your boyfriend?" He asked me.

"We're not in a relationship, Jimin." I chuckled. "And not to be rude but why are you talking to me?"

He gasped dramatically. "I thought we're friends."

"We are?" I asked him in genuine surprise. "But you never talk to me when Jen's not around."

"That's because Jennie's always around us." He deadpanned. "And I would even if Jennie's not around. I just can't find the right timing."

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

"Wait. I'll call V." He said and dragged his friend from the other side of the room. "Sit with me and Jisoo. You really should make friends, V."

"I'm not interested." V spared me a glance and sat beside Jimin, who was now sitting beside me.

"Fine." Jimin fully faced my side. "Let's ignore the gloomy man beside me and talk about how popular you are these days."

"I am?" I cringed.

"Can't you see the stares you and Eun Woo were getting when we were in the cafeteria?" He asked me. "Nice voice, by the way. I didn't expect that your deep voice can be as good as V's singing."

I felt my cheeks burning with his compliment but tried to dismiss it and turn the conversation around. "He sings?" I asked and looked at V. "Doesn't look like it."

Jimin laughed and looked at his friend. "Did you hear that, V? I like her already."

"Why?"

"Only Jennie and Lisa have the guts to do him bad like that cause mostly girls will just try to get his attention by being all cutesy in front of him."

"Have you chosen your club yet?" V finally faced our side.

Jimin and I looked at each other, surprised, before we faced V.

"Welcome to our conversation, V." Jimin mocked him.

"Not yet. I don't know which club I should join."

"Join the UOS Singers!" Jimin instantly suggested. "They'll need someone with your vocal range!"

"You think so?" I asked him.

"Yes!" Jimin turned to V, "Right?" It took a few seconds before V nodded with a poker face.

How encouraging.

"Then I'll tell Jennie later."