forty-nine

"Kim Taehyung!" I exclaimed as I softly pushed him away. "You kissed me!"

"It was just a peck on the lips, Soo. That's not even a full course meal yet." He pouted childishly.

"If you do that again, I'll throw you out the window this instant." I warned him, though it's just an empty threat. I can't believe he did that when we're beside a window, whose curtains were open, where people from the other building can see us. Plus, I was just surprised with his action that I blurted that out without even thinking. I was about to say sorry when I noticed that Taehyung was looking down the window, as if finding something. "What are you doing?"

"Checking how high the drop is, see if it's worth it.", he replied with a serious look on his face as he continued to look how high up we were.

Aish. This man…

"You could've just closed the curtai-" I started saying until I realized what I was about to say when Taehyung's head whipped to face me, an amused look on his face.

"If that's what you want, Chichi." I heard him chuckle before he closed the curtains to cover the window beside us. My heart beat faster as he took a step towards me so that we were just an inch away once again. He stared at my lips, frowning. "I really wanted to punch Jungkook when he kissed you in front of me."

"He was just doing what our friends expect him to do when you're around." I tried defending my best friend, but it came out wrong, anyway.

"I'll tell Jennie to stop this fake dating so I could finally be with you in public."

"You said you'd wait, remember?" I reminded him, placing my hand at the back of his neck to calm him.

"Can I at least kiss you now?" He now asked for my permission, which was cute by the way he said it.

I rolled my eyes to hide how I'm moved by his words, "Yes, you can."

Smiling, Taehyung leaned in to kiss me, longer this time.

---

Taehyung didn't stay long inside my office after that because I had to attend a meeting while he has to run his own company. He called me after I ate my lunch alone in my office and even before I had dinner alone in my apartment unit.

It somehow bothered me that Taehyung didn't go to my apartment tonight but I reminded myself not to rely myself on Taehyung again, since I still have to clarify things with Jungkook.

After I washed the dishes, someone rang my doorbell. Thinking it was Taehyung, I immediately wiped my hands on a nearby towel and sprinted towards the door.

"Surprise!" The person who rang my doorbell yelled, a wide grin on her face while her hands were up in the air.

"Chaeyoungie!" I hugged her tight. "Why didn't you tell me you'll go here?"

"It's a surprise, Jisoo. I'm not supposed to tell you that I'm coming here if I wanted to surprise you." She deadpanned. "Anyway, you answered quickly. You waiting for someone to come?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"N-no." I stammered, avoiding eye contact.

Chaeyoung got inside my unit and sat on the couch. "Spill, Jisoo. Who were you expecting?"

I groaned. "Taehyung." I had to tell her, she's my best friend after all.. And she might talk some sense in me.

"OMO! Really?" She exclaimed, "You're back together?"

"No, actually." I smiled nervously. "I still have a fake relationship with JK, remember?"

"Oh. So you're cheating?" she asked innocently. If I was drinking, I would've spat it straight on her face.

"Chaeyoung!" I pinched her arm. "It's a fake relationship, I'm not cheating."

"Looks cheating to me." She said nonchalantly, looking at her newly polished nails.

"But seriously, how will I escape this problem?"

"Break up with Jungkook. Duh?"

"I told you, it's a FAKE relationship."

"I meant, tell Jungkook that you're back together with Taehyung. I'm sure he'll understand, he loves you." Chaeyoung shrugged like her plan is just so easy to do.

"Can you please be serious now, Chaeng?" I whined, not having any of her sassiness tonight.

"Jisoo, that's the only thing you can do!" Chaeyoung said, "Stop thinking that you'll hurt Jungkook because he's been hurting already ever since you told him you like Taehyung four years ago."

"What?"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "We all know Jungkook hasn't moved on from you ever since. That's why we let him be with you when Taehyung's gone. We thought you could like him the way he likes you. But apparently, you're still stuck with having feelings with Taehyung." I couldn't respond to her since I was shocked by her revelation."I know you felt it, that Jungkook still likes you. Especially now that Taehyung's back."

"Then why did he agree with Jennie's plan?"

"Kim Jisoo, I swear. You are sooo naive when it comes to love." She said, "Jungkook agreed because he. loves. you. He wants you to be happy.. Even when it means it's not with him."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes. Lisa told me when Jennie told us that Jungkook agreed with the plan."

"I don't want to hurt him.."

"Girl, you'll hurt him whether you tell him now, tomorrow or the week after. It's no one's fault if somebody gets hurt. It's not your fault if you don't like him more than a best friend, and it's not his fault if he can't get over you sooner. What matters here is you fix this problem so that you'll finally be happy with the one you waited to spend your life with. " She explained, holding my hands,"Please don't think about Jungkook. Think about yourself first, make your self a priority this time, Jisoo. It's your life, not theirs."

"But I told Jungkook I'd make him take me to 3 dates. He offered it then said that he'd finally move on… something like that."

"Well.. That's kind of okay then. At least he's finally trying to move on." she said, "But what about Taehyung? Did he also agree with it?"

"Actually, no."

Chaeyoung scrunched her nose, "Then that's another problem. What if he doesn't want to?"

"He said he'd wait."

"Damn, Jisoo. I'm getting stressed with the boys in your yard. And it's even just Jungkook and Taehyung."

"What?" I asked, a little confused.

"Sehun also likes you, right? It's a good thing he didn't approach your last homecoming. I saw him looking at you that night."

I groaned. "What am I going to do now?"

"Just let fate do whatever it needs to do. Don't worry too much. The right guy will stay if he truly loves you."

The right guy huh?