thirty

I found him sitting in the waiting shed near BTS. He was now wearing a brown coat with a black beanie. I shivered as I felt how cold it was. I stopped walking when I was already a few steps behind him. He was looking at his phone, maybe looking at the time, so he didn’t notice my presence behind him.

I decided to take my phone out and position my camera before calling him, “Taetae!”. V instantly turned his head back, a smile already on his face. I grinned as I captured his precious reaction before skipping my way to sit beside him. “Where have you been?” I punched his forearm, now frowning as I remembered why we met here. “I was worried sick! You didn’t even text me!”

“Did you just come from BTS?” He asked and I nodded. “Aish. I was planning to skip my shift today.” He pouted.

I gasped dramatically, my eyes widening. “Well, I’m sorry. I was just worried that I decided to go look for you at your cousin’s restaurant!”

V immediately held my hand and carressed it, trying to calm me down. “I’m sorry. I..” He sighed. “My mom called me after you and I went out. She said dad’s been hospitalized since yesterday due to overfatigue.”

I tilted my head as I frowned and met his eyes, “I’m sorry. I.. i don’t know what to say.”

“She actually called me yesterday but I refused to answer her. I only answered her because I felt like she’d finally give up calling me and telling me to go back home” His hand finally enveloped mine, a disappointed look on his face as he faced me. “But I was wrong..”

“V..” I said, not knowing what else to respond. I never imagined how hard it really was to go against what your own parents want you to do, to disobey them for you to do what you really wanted. But then again, they're still his parents, and with his dad being hospitalized and his mom longing for his son, then.. "Maybe you should really go back home." 

He sighed wearily. "I knew you're going to say this…" He then squeezed my hand softly. "You know i don't want anyone to tell me what I'm supposed to do, right?"

"So you're not going to listen to me, then?" i asked in confusion

"I would. I'd always listen to you." He smiled at me, "You're always an exception." 

"Even when I'll push you away?" I asked. 

He sat straight instantly, his expression looking confused as to why I said that. "Why would you do that? Are you still mad at me? I'm really really sorry for not texting you today, I swear. I really regret not tel-" 

"Taehyung.." I cut him off with a smile on my lips, "I was just asking." 

"I already said I won't leave you, right?" He pouted. "I'm firm with my decision. Aren't you?" 

I blinked, not expecting him to ask me that. "I won't.. I won't leave you." 

A smile slowly appeared on his face, "I know you won't."

Social media Updates