fifty-five

FIVE YEARS AFTER

Kim Jisoo's POV

I woke up on my bed without my husband beside me. Automatically looking sideways where the crib was, I frantically stood up when I didn't see my son sleeping inside. I got up the bed and I washed my face before going outside our room to check on the kids and my husband.

Now, where did Taehyung bring our kids?

In our dining area, breakfast was already served. Half of the pancakes were already eaten as well so I'm guessing Bora has already eaten. The house was awfully quiet, another sign that they aren't inside. This only left me with one option - he brought them to our garden.

True enough, I found Taehyung feeding milk to our 2 year old son, Taesoo, while Bora, now five years old, was playing with Dalgom and Yeontan, our dogs.

I smiled before quickly taking a picture of them and approached Taehyung.

"You have your meeting this morning, right?" I asked.

Taehyung looked up and smiled, "Good morning to you too, Chichi."

I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling. Who would have known that after 5 years, I'd still feel shy when he calls me by nickname? "Good morning, love." I greeted him back instead, "Thanks for the breakfast too. I'm sorry I woke up late."

"That's okay. I know how tired you are because of our..." he trailed, "activity last night." He flashed his infamous smirk, reminding me of the Taehyung I first knew back in our college days.

"Give me Taesoo and get to work. Eunwoo's probably waiting for you already." I told him, hands on my hips to conceal how I was feeling with his teasing.

He stood up and gave me our sleeping baby. "He was crying when I woke up. It's a surprise you didn't wake up from his loud cry though. I really tired you out last night, huh?"

With me carrying a sleeping baby, I couldn't really smack him. "Shut up before Bora hears you."

"Hear what, mom?" Bora suddenly appeared beside Taehyung, she was carrying Yeontan.

"Nothing, baby." I said before shooting death glares to my husband, who was still giving me an unconvinced look. "Taehyung. Work. Now."

Taehyung chuckled as I tried intimidating him. He just wants to tease me all the time, he's lucky I love him too much instead of being annoyed at him. He then kissed my cheek, "Are our things ready for tomorrow?"

"Yes, I already packed our stuff yesterday." I answered, "Your mom said they're already at the resort waiting for us."

"Good. I'll come home late tonight so I could make up for my off this weekend." Taehyung quickly said before kissing Bora's cheek, "Help mommy with the household chores, okay?"

Bora nodded enthusiastically. "Take care, dad!"

Tomorrow, Taehyung's side of the family will be having their annual family reunion in one of their relatives' resort in Jeju Island. We haven't joined their reunions for two years already because Taehyung's too busy with work while I handle the kids and some of my part of the job at home when I'm not busy.

With my childhood experience, I insisted that I should just work at home and take care of my children myself when they're still young. Taehyung understood me, and I could see how he's trying to spend his time with us as well when he's not too busy handling the company. I just don't want the kids feeling left out and less important than our jobs.

Just this month though, Jennie finally convinced me to hire a nursemaid. She has one for their son so she tried to find me one from the same company she got her nursemaid.