forty one

A day after that meeting with Taehyung, I kept on thinking of the what ifs about our past and current situation.

Before Taehyung left my office that day, he and Eunwoo exchanged numbers for business purposes. Eunwoo told me to ask for his number too, but I declined, thinking that Eunwoo could just be the one Taehyung when we have to talk about business with him. Unfortunately, my co-CEO still sent me Taehyung's number, telling me to save it in case of emergency.

I saved it - only because Taehyung's not around and that I won't be needing to dial his number in any situation that might happen to me.

Tonight, late inside my office, I decided to go to a club to forget about these unwanted thoughts.

Normally, I go to clubs whenever I'm with Jungkook. It's always been like that. Jungkook's like my bodyguard when there are men aggressively asking for my name, address, or number. Tonight, however, I didn't call him nor text him. Kook's been studying for his exam the day after tomorrow and if I call him tonight to come with me, I know he'd come right away. For me, academics should come first so I guess there will be no bodyguard-best friend for tonight.

I arrived at the club called The Island. It's where I think I am safest without Jungkook beside me since the other clubs or bars around here are more famous.

I drank a few glasses, then danced with people with a good amount of distance between us. In the middle of walking my way to the comfort room to freshen up, I felt like someone's following me.

I looked back to make sure no one was behind me, but the moment I did it, I found someone tall hide himself behind a wall. Scared that someone really is following me, I took my phone out of my purse and searched for Jungkook's number.

"Miss!" someone shouted, causing me to walked faster towards the comfort room and hurriedly lock the door behind me.

I checked my phone once again.

I couldn't call JK, he's busy.

I couldn't call Eunwoo, he's probably asleep with his family already.

Yoongi? He's with Jennie.

Namjoon? That 24 year old man can't even drive yet.

I sighed in defeat before pressing call to the last person I wanted to call. It took only 5 rings before he answered.

"Taehyung.." I trailed, "Did I wake you up?"

"Yes." He said in his deep sleepy voice, "What do you want in this time of the night, Jisoo?"

I gulped, "Can you come here? There's someone following me." I heard a crash from the other line. "What happened?" I asked in concern.

"Where are you?"

"At The Island." I told him, "I'm just inside the comfort room, I'm afraid someone's outside waiting for me."

"Alright. Just stay there. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Alright.." I said, "Drive safely." Taehyung hung up after that.

Moments later, a girl was already banging the door outside. "Hey, there are other girls who'd like to pee, you know!" she screamed. It went on like that until I finally can't handle her angry voice. With a trembling hand, I opened the door. The girl instantly pushed me aside to go inside the cubicle.

I checked if the guy I was suspicious about was still there but I didn't see anyone. I went outside the club, finally breathing fresh air instead of being pushed by dancing people inside. I walked towards the parking lot and decided to call Taehyung to stop him from going here since I was probably just imagining things.