twelve

With that being said, all of us were surprised at the sudden turn of events. In front of us was a redhead Jungkook and a pinkish redhaired V. Jungkook was the one who looked really surprised, he and Lisa were still both asking each other why they decided to dye their hair.

"I felt like it!" Jungkook told her.

"Well, I want to be a blonde now." Lisa stuck her tongue out, "Just say it, I look good. Don't I?"

Jungkook finally sighed in defeat, "Yeah, you do." Then he rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"I know, right?" Lisa winked at him and linked her arms to mine. "I see V decided to change his hair color too. It looks good on you."

"We actually just found it in my cabinet. Remember when I dyed my hair pink last year?" Jimin asked Lisa.

"Oh yeah! I remember. You were kind of the topic of our batch that time - the boy with the shiny pink hair."

"Yeah, good times." Jimin looked up and smiled, acting as if he's reminiscing his good old days.

Suddenly, a boy's head popped inside the tent, "Hey boys, the battle of the bands will start in 5. They said you should be backstage by then." He left before anyone can react.

"That's our cue, girls." Namjoon glanced at us, "Just watch us perform later."

"We'll probably give you a shoutout if your cheers are the loudest." Hoseok winked at us and gave us finger hearts. Lisa and I giggled at Hoseok's cute action.

Namjoon and Hoseok went outside first, followed by Jungkook, to which Lisa hurriedly followed, probably to give tell him good luck.

V and I were left standing inside the tent, neither of us moving. Feeling awkward, I motioned him to get out while smiling nervously, "Get out of here and follow your bandmates."

"Your hair looks cute." V suddenly said, catching me off guard. "I like purple." He added.

I looked at him, my lips shaking as I tried to flash a genuine smile but I really couldn't with the way he was looking back at me.

"I'll go now." He said impatiently.

"Wait." I held his arm to stop him, "Your hair looks cute too. It's like cotton candy."

He smirked, "Thanks." Then I finally let go of his arm to make him leave, but then he didn't. "Aren't you coming out with me?"

"Oh. Oh, right. Let's go." I said, looking straight ahead as I was feeling embarrassed at what's happening between us right now.

This is just really awkward. I'm not used to being unable to say what I really wanted to say, and it's unlike me to forget about thinking of witty comebacks. It's just like that whenever I'm with V.

V didn't look back to me when we got out of the tent so I went straight to Lisa, who was now holding Jungkook's camera and was waiting for me near a stall selling food. Since the show didn't start at exactly 8 pm, Lisa and I managed to finish our food at the stall itself and even bought some burgers for Jennie, Yoongi, and later for Jin.

When we finally approached Jennie and Yoongi, the former pouted at us while the latter greeted us with a gummy smile. I grinned at them, thankful that they found a good spot to watch the bands' performances; we're standing in the middle of the school grounds wherein we can have a full front view of the stadium.

"I didn't know you're with them" Yoongi said to me.

"Lisa and Jen are my dormmates so I'm basically stuck with them." I laughed and gave him his burger "Bought it for you and Jen."