forty-five

A few days after, I was in my office eating lunch with Eunwoo as we talked about our future plans for the company.

"But Jisoo, what are you planning to do with Taehyung?" he asked out of the blue.

I almost spit the rice I was munching when he asked. Why is he suddenly bringing Taehyung up in our conversation?

"I mean, he is somehow part of our company now."

"I don't really care as long as you'll be the one who'll interact with him more." I said.

"Will you keep ignoring him? I thought your plan was to get him back."

"That's not my plan, that's Jennies plan." I cringed. "Besides, I'm too embarrassed to get back with Taehyung after all what happened between us."

"So it's your pride that's keeping you from being with him then?"

I gasped, mocked hurt at his statement. "Excuse me? It's not my pride. It's my..." I couldn't think of any word to cover up my feelings.

"Your?"

"Let's just eat in silence." I quickly said.

"That's your problem. You don't want to take responsibility of that feelings of yours. You're afraid of something, aren't you?"

"I'm not, Eunwoo." I said, almost annoyed. "Just eat!"

Just after Eunwoo left my office, Jungkook texted me.

[ Jk: Dinner later? 

J: Don't you have classes later? 

Jk: I don't want to go to my last class later 🥺

Should I? I don't have anything to do later anyway. 

[ J: Sure. 

JK: Great. I'll fetch you there later at 6. ]

"Was that Jungkook?" Eunwoo asked as I placed my phone back on the table.

I nodded. "Why?"

Eunwoo sighed. "Jisoo, I know it's hard to talk to him about it again but you really should tell him about your plan that time. Confessing to him doesn't mean you want to get back together with him, right? But it sure will make you both feel better knowing the truth."

"I'm just... scared," I said softly, embarrassed. 

"I understand," Eunwoo nodded. "Even so, please don't take take too much time thinking against what you know what's best to do to save your relationship with him. Taehyung and I may not be best buddies when we were in college but I certainly felt his sincerity when you were together."

"I did what I thought I had to do that night," I looked at him, teary-eyed. "Yet I messed up big time, didn't I? Now, I'm still being a coward."

Her business partner walked up to her to massage her back, consoling her. "His comeback is all of a sudden, yes, but you can't avoid him forever, especially when you know you want him back in you life too."

I do want him back.

Hours later, at 5 in the afternoon, I received message from Taehyung. 

[T: I have something to ask about your company. Can we meet? 

Shouldn't he be asking Eunwoo about it? 

J: You can just ask it here. What about the company?]