thirty-five

"We'll push through this wedding..."

Hearing those words almost made me cry in front of my parents.

How can they be so insensitive? How can they choose the business over their own daughter?

All these years, they're still prioritizing the family business over Jin and I. I still don't understand why they let Jin choose what he wants to be yet they don't even ask me once what I want or need, their lack of presence doesn't help either.

In the morning, before our classes, V didn't even bat an eye on me. He was just looking at the window, his chin resting on his hand.

"V, Jisoo's here." I heard Jimin say to his best friend. "Go talk to her."

V just glared at Jimin before looking back at the scenery outside.

During our vacant time, V didn't come with us in the library. No one knew where he went but he got back just in time for our next class to start.

At the cafeteria, when he and Jimin didn't eat with us, I couldn't take it any longer.

I stood up, startling Chaeyoung and Jennie. I didn't mind all the stares I was getting as I walked towards Jimin and V.

Snacking the table, I said, "Are you going to ignore me for the rest of the day?" V didn't answer me.

"Jisoo.." Jimin called me, a concerned look on his face.

"You didn't even let me explain before walking away. I thought you'd always listen to me." I insisted, still looking at V, who kept on eating his food without acknowledging me. "Fine. If you keep on being like this, then we're done. Believe what anyone says about me." I scoffed. "You know what? I actually thought we'd get through this. Guess i just disappointed myself."

I walked out of the cafeteria while trying hard not to let the tears flow down.

I didn't finish any of my afternoon class after that. At dinner, Jennie and Chaeng brought back a bucket of chicken for us to eat.

"What happened back there, Soo?" Lisa asked once we're all gathered around.

"Anger got the best of me." I answered. "But still no regrets. At least I let all my anger out."

"I don't understand why V reacted like that. It's very unlike him." Jennie said.

"Yeah. Especially towards Jisoo.. Jisoo's his kryptonite. Why would he shut you out just like that?" Lisa added

"Isn't he working tonight?" Chaeyoung asked, "I think you should try one more time, Soo. Maybe he'll talk to you in private."

"You think?" I let go of me chicken, "Cause I'm going if you three think this is a good idea."

"We do!" three girls agreed simultaneously

I looked at my chicken, "I'm coming back for you, chikin. Just you wait."

---

I arrived at BTS not long after I sprinted towards the bus stop near uni.

When I entered, there weren't many customers inside and the cousins weren't in sight either.

"Oh! Miss Jisoo" one of the BTS crew saw me, "Looking for V?"

I nodded.

"He's inside Yoongi's office. Let me walk you there."

I gladly accepted his offer to guide me to Yoongi's office, not expecting what I'd see or hear from there.

"I think they're busy talking about something private. You can wait here outside if you want." he told me