thirty-six

Heels clicking on the marble floor of our company lobby, I walked towards the huge glass door while holding my phone beside my ear. 

"Are you outside already?" 

"Yes. Now walked faster cause I'm already hungry as hell, Chu." the man from the other line replied

"Patience, please." I smirked. "I'm almost there."

The man ended the call without even replying.

With a scowl, I reached his car and opened it. I let myself in and closed the door a little harder than he expected. 

"Ya! I just bought this car. Don't ruin it for me."

"Why so agitated, Jeon Jungkook?" I looked at him from head to toe and smiled, "Looking good today, huh? Do you have a date after our lunch?" I teased. 

"I'm just hungry. And i have a date during lunch." He smirked. 

I pinched his arm. "You know you're not supposed to flirt with me." 

Jungkook squirmed from his seat, trying to wiggle his arm away from my fingers. "Ya! I was just messing with you. I know you're already taken." I glared at him. "You look happy today. Company doing well?" 

"Yeah. Eunwoo's been a great partner. I guess dad made a good choice after all." 

"Since you're happy, I'm guessing Dahyun didn't come over?" I saw him smile while looking at the road in front of us. 

I groaned. "Unfortunately, she did. She always scowls at me whenever we see each other outside my office. The only reason that's keeping me from pulling her hair is Jin Woo. The boy turned 4 years old yesterday and he dressed as one of Jin's drama character when he came after our meeting. "

"Let me guess? The drama where Jin acted as a doctor?" 

"Yes!" I exclaimed, "It was his favorite one."

"Jin's getting more and more popular these days, even kids like Jin Woo like him." Jungkook smiled but then frowned after. "Dahyun still haven't gotten over your little college drama though."

"I know. It's been 4 years already.." I realized, "And with her scowling at me every time for the past 4 years, even I can't help but remember what she did back then."

"Let's not talk about her then before your blood boils again." 

"Hey! I've completely moved on." 

"Really? Then you're coming with me on our reunion?" he grinned, looking at the road before us

"Sure. Whatever." I replied, intending to dismiss the topic yet the boy beside me has other plans

"He might be there, you know." 

I snorted. "The guy won't come. He hasn't been updating his social media accounts for 4 years. He might as well be erased from our planet." 

"How did you know that he's not updating?" he asked 

"Namjoon and Hoseok kept on complaining in our gc, that's why." I defended myself, "Stop giving my statement another meaning." 

"Whatever you say~" he said in a singsong voice. "We're eating at BTS, by the way." 

I flinched, which I hope Jungkook didn't see. "Whatever." 

"Only because Yoongi is there." Jungkook further explained, "And Jin too. We'll talk about our plan." 

"Plan?" 

"For the alumni homecoming."

"When's that again?" 

"A week from now." He stopped the car engine. "We're here." 

love mazeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara