thirty-four

Jin took me grocery shopping on the 3rd day of V's absence. It was a good thing that he doesn't have anything scheduled for him today because I was really bored inside our dorm. And if I'm bored or alone, I think I'd get crazy because of my thoughts, especially now that our problems piled up. 

"So what have you been up to?" I asked him cheerfully while we wait for our food after grocery shopping 

"Jisoo, mom and dad saw your posts online."

"So?"

"Some of my fans found out V's account too because of your photo credits and they automatically assumed he's your boyfriend." 

"But they're just photo credits! Can't I express how proud of him I am even with just giving him credits?" 

"Mom wants you to edit your captions, in fear that Eunwoo's parents would see it too." Jin sighed, "I'm sorry. Some of my fans just keep on digging about you too, I didn't think they'd also bother you. I'm really sorry." 

"It's not your fault, oppa." I smiled, "It's your fans' fault, those just invovled though. I should make my profile private the-" 

"Mom and dad would get more suspicious if you do that. They're keeping an eye on you on social media."

"What would happen if I keep on posting that way?" I snorted, "It's not like they'll keep V away from me or something." 

"Soo, they can do that, you know." Jin drank his wine, "Or they might tell him about the marriage before you do. That would cause quite a mess, don't you think?" 

"But if I tell V before they do?" 

"Then that would be fine, I guess, if V accepts you after that though." I scowled. "And I'm sure he would! Stop scowling, you look uglier than you are before." 

"I hate this life." I groaned.

"This will be over soon. Just talk to me when you've tried doing your plan. Our parents scheduled a dinner with Eunwoo and his parents tomorrow, by the way." 

"Is that why we did grocery shopping?" 

"Yes. So you better explain everything to V tomorrow then tell our parents that you want no part of that wedding."

If only that was easy to do... 

Next morning, someone waited for me outside our dorm room.

Wearing a gray hoodie, V was standing just in front of me with his arms wide open and his signature boxy smile on his face,"Good morning, Chichi!" 

Behind him, the girls were trying hard to contain their squeals, even Lisa was keeping herself from smiling.

"Good morning, Taetae!" I jumped to hug him. "I thought you were joking when you said you'd meet me with your arms open wide." 

"Why would you think that? I'm not joking when it comes to you, Chi." 

The smile on my face faded, realizing that I have to tell the truth later before my parents do. 

At our vacant time, I excused myself from my friends to meet Eunwoo, even with V a little wary of letting me go without him. 

I was trying to find the room where Eunwoo told me to meet him when a girl with mid-length brown hair approached me. 

"You're Jisoo, aren't you?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry. Have we met already?" 

She huffed. "No. I wouldn't want to acquaint myself with someone as manipulating as you."