forty three

The event ended before midnight.

My friends and I hopped in our respective cars to go to Hobi's rest house after years of not meeting each other like we always did back then.

Automatically, I am with Jungkook. Jennie, Chaeng, Jimin, and Yoongi were in the same car. Namjoon was in Hobi and Lisa's car, while the rest of the boys were with us, and by that I mean my overprotective old brother and, well, Taehyung.

Chaeyoung texted me that Jin was supposed to be with Lisa, Hobi, and Namjoon but he told them he'd like to be with me because he doesn't trust those two boys left with me. So in the end, Jungkook's driving, Taehyung is in the passenger seat while I sat with Jin at the back.

After the first 30 minutes of the ride, Jin finally connected his phone to JK's speakers. He instantly played Blackpink's song, Boombayah, and sang along like he's trying to keep us awake with him.

Halfway through the ride, when all of us still couldn't sleep because of my brother, who seems like he's aging backwards, Jin paused the song we were listening to and said, "So Taehyung, have any girlfriends now?"

Jungkook snickered, "GirlfriendS?"

"What? As much as I don't want to praise him, Taehyung still is somehow good looking."

I just rolled my eyes at my brother. He really won't let us sleep, would he?

"Well, Taehyung?" askin Jin.

"I don't have any." Taehyung answered nonchalantly.

"Really? Cause Jisoo's been waiting for you since you left." Jin blurted, waking my spirit up instantly.

DID JIN JUST BLEW OUR PLAN? I mean, their plan.

"But.. Jungkook beat you to it. How are you feeling now?" Jin casually asked Taehyung.

It took me a lot of energy to prevent myself from pinching my brother's arm. I was glaring at him while he looked expectantly at Taehyung. I couldn't see Taehyung's reaction since I chose to sit behind him.

"I couldn't care less, to be honest." Taehyung replied. I snuck a look at the rearview mirror to see just a glimpse of Taehyung, and I almost jumped on my seat when he caught me staring at him. "Could you just wake me up when we're there already?", he said, looking at the mirror while still holding my gaze.

Jin groaned. "You're no fun! But, yeah, sure."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at me before he finally relaxed on his seat and closed his eyes. I couldn't sleep after that.

---

We arrived at resthouse before I knew it.

Since we've planned our rooms before we got here, I went straight to my room with Jungkook. Yep, he's with me. Hobi said he already tasked one of the house's caretakers to place an additional mattress inside. Funny enough, it took them a week before they finally convinced and made him agree. The three boys left, Taehyung, Jin, and Namjoon have to sleep in the guest room.

Jungkook and I slept the rest of the morning. When I woke up, it was already 12pm, and Jungkook wasn't on his own mattress sleeping.

I went outside our room, expecting the others to be busy cooking for lunch, but for some reason, I only found Taehyung trying to make himself some sandwich.

"That's your lunch?" It was supposed to be just in my thoughts but I accidentally blurted it out. On the other hand, Taehyung got startled and dropped his sandwich on the floor. With a pout, he picked it up and glared at me. "Sorry?"