🔶 3 - Homework 🔶

A deep, long sigh escaped from the little fire elemental's lips, as he tapped his pencil repeatedly on his study table while rubbing his hair furiously in annoyance. His crimson eyes were narrowed into slits while staring at his math homework that was given to them by their math teacher.

First of all, Api hates Math. Well, who doesn't? But, some people actually finds Math interesting for them; challenging what makes it interesting for this subject. But, for the fire element, he totally hates it. He doesn't 'dislike' it, but 'hates' it.

"This is hard...!" Api complained, groaning. "Who invented Math anyway?!" He added, dropping his pencil on the ground in frustration.

Years passed by, Api improved in reading and in spelling different words. Not to mention, he's currently five years old, a kindergartener in school. Unfortunately for the fire element, his Math teacher is already making him and his classmates do homeworks, and unlucky for him, it's from their Math subject; the subject he hated the most and will be hating in all his life. 

"I give up!" Api exclaimed as he stood up from the ground, kicking his math textbook away and ran towards his bed. He launched himself on his bed and buried his face on his pillow, sobbing quietly afterwards.

Few minutes later, his big brother, Cahaya entered inside his room to check up on him. As the light elemental went inside, he heard a soft cry. Frowning, he turned his head to where the sound is coming from and was shocked to see his little brother, crying silently on his bed.

His brows furrowed in confusion while looking at his young brother, but at the same time, worried. He slowly made his way towards his little brother, carefully sitting down on Api's warm bed and gently caressed his little brother's soft, dark brown hair.

"What's the matter, Api?" He asked, looking at his fire elemental little brother worriedly.

Api slowly glanced up to his big brother, tears were visible from his crimson eyes. His lips were curved a pout while looking at Cahaya gloomily. He sniffled, crawling his way towards his big brother and hugged him tightly, few sobs escaped from his mouth afterwards.

"My homework... It's hard..." Api replied, wet tears started to stream down his face.

Cahaya hugged Api for comfort, his lips pursed while gently ruffling his little brother's hair. He then glanced at his little brother's math textbook, which is his unfinished homework. The light element softly sighed, gently pulling away from the hug and carefully wiped his little brother's tears away from his face while smiling warmly at him.

"Don't give up now, Api..." He softly said, gently caressing his young brother's small, chubby cheeks. "Don't worry, I'll help you with it." He stated, smiling sadly at him afterwards.

Api stopped crying after hearing those soothing words from his big brother. His lips then formed a small smile, slightly nodding his head afterwards.

"Okay."

<=><=> ~ <=><=>

"Yay! I'm finished!" Api exclaimed as he closed his math textbook, jumping up cheerfully from the ground afterwards. His big brother only grinned and giggled softly at his cute actions. Suddenly, the fire element crashed his big brother to a warm, bear hug, snuggling on him.

"Thank you for helping me, big brother Cahaya!" He genuinely said, smiling widely while hugging his still-in-shock-state big brother.

The light element was surprised at first by his sudden action, but curved a warm smile before returning the hug back, gently stroking his little brother's soft hair afterwards.

"Anything for my little Api."

====================================

OKAY! IT'S ACTUALLY...

Cahaya having brown eyes and Api having crimson eyes. PERIOD.

AHHHHH! SORRY IF IT'S CONFUSING! I KIND OF DOUBLE CHECKED THE "YAIN" (You're All I Need) BOOK OF WHAT COLOR OF API'S EYES REALLY ARE AND THEY ARE ACTUALLY CRIMSON IN COLOR.

I'LL TOTALLY MAKE A FEW CHANGES FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS SO IT WON'T BE ANYMORE CONFUSING AT ALL.

EVEN I, THE AUTHOR, IS CONFUSE.

AGAIN, MY APOLOGIES GUYS! T~T