Ch. 4 - One Way Street

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Trust me hun, 
Jack Frost won't be able to keep
his eyes off of you..."

- Blaire
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 4 - One Way Street

▪️J A D E▪️

Later that night, as I slowly descended the stairs, Quintin and Jee-min both stood up at the same time, and the words 'holy shit' simultaneously left their mouths.

My purple hair had been styled away from my face in loose curls that cascaded down my bare upper back. The black, sleeveless dress that I wore fit my body like a glove. The form-fitting material had cut-outs adorned with Swarovski crystals that ran diagonally from the low neckline to the mid-thigh hem.

It was more than obvious that I was not wearing anything under the dress. The dramatic cut-outs showed off an abundant cleavage while threatening to display glimpses of my shaved pelvic region.

I knew Dominic would never approve, which is why I had told him to go ahead without me rather than ride with him as I did every year. He definitely would not have let me leave the house looking like this, and I could not wait to see his reaction.

Dominic had always treated me like a kid-sister in some regards, especially where my safety was concerned. He had always been over protective.

Tonight, things would be different.

I wanted him to see me as a woman, capable of making my own decisions, and not as some liability that he had to keep a watchful eye over. At least, I hoped that he would see me in a new light, but as far as my feelings were concerned, things were most likely a one-way street. Nonetheless, I was determined to try.

The raised voice of my bodyguard pulled me from my thoughts.

"Change it. Now!" Jee-min ordered, his finger pointing back up the stairs.

Nodding, Quintin quickly agreed, "Yea, Dominic will kill us."

I walked past them and rolled my eyes, my black Louboutins clicking on the floor, "No."

"W-what?" the Korean man sputtered.

"You heard me, Jee-min, I said no. It's my birthday party. Don't worry, I'll handle Dom. Everything will be fine, I'll make sure you two don't get into any trouble," I said confidently.

The make-up that I had applied was flawless. It made me look a little older than I was, while still keeping my youthful beauty. The smoky eyeshadow made my green eyes pop even more, my gaze almost hypnotic.

"Ah, jot-gat-ne!" Jee-min cursed in Korean; the phrase meaning that things were fucked up. As he went to get the car, he muttered, "I don't get paid enough for this shit!"

"You really are a sadist, aren't you?" Quintin asked as he walked a slow circle around me, letting out a low whistle, his finger trailing along my exposed collarbone, "You're going to drive Aleksandr crazy tonight, I don't even want to know how Dominic will react. I'm going to message Vincent and give him a heads up, don't want any unnecessary fires happening."

I could only chuckle at the thought. 

Dominic was so unpredictable; I was afraid to admit how much it excited me. I pushed the thought from my mind as I played with my small black wristlet bag while we followed Jee-min. We settled into the black SUV then headed to pick up Blaire on our way to the club.

As soon as my high-school best friend laid eyes on me, she gasped, "Holy shit fuck! You look even hotter than the picture you sent!"

"Thanks B!" I replied as we hugged.