Ch. 52 - Young Gods

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"I thought you were dead."

- Cristiano
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 52 - Young Gods

▪️J A D E▪️

About two hours later, I found myself being unchained and led to the large en-suite bathroom by two maids who had been instructed to help me get ready.

According to the middle-aged Mexican women, José wanted me to wear a nice flowy summer dress and they had pulled some out of the closet for me to choose from. They were all knee-length and sleeveless; the material was smooth and pleasing to the touch. Reluctantly, I settled on a white dress with matching nude-coloured flat sandals.

After taking a warm bath and soaking in a special mixture that left my skin especially soft, one of the maids dried and combed my purple hair, leaving it down to cascade about my shoulders, saying that the Cartel boss preferred it that way.

Once I was dressed and ready, I was led out of the bedroom by four heavily armed Mexican men, two walking in front of me and two behind.

I had decided that there was no use in attempting to escape, at least for the time being.

Especially since I had no idea where I was, or if I was even in the United States anymore. There was no telling how long I had been knocked out. I figured that if I behaved well enough, José would lose the restraints on the bed and may even allow me to wander about the property without an armed escort.

From the large and eloquently decorated hallway I was walking through, I could tell that the place we were in was a manor of some sorts.

The cameras in my bedroom as well as outside every doorway did not go unnoticed by me. From the big windows, I could only see green trees, there did not seem to be any other buildings nearby. With a slight frown, I could not help but wonder where in the world I was being held.

My thoughts were interrupted when I was eventually led to two large doors that opened up into a magnificent dining room which had a few armed bodyguards littered about.

There was also a lovely marble fireplace and crystal chandeliers that immediately drew a person's attention as soon as they entered the room. In the centre was a huge dining table that could seat at least twenty people.

It was there I noted Cristiano standing in front of the unlit fireplace, and as the doors opened, his head immediately turned to see who had entered.

Upon seeing his battered face, I gasped, "Holy shit! What happened to you?" I asked as I all but ran up to him.

Cristiano immediately engulfed me in a hug that momentarily lifted my feet off the ground, his voice strained as he said, "I thought you were dead."

Pulling back to get a better look at him, I cringed slightly at the state of his once handsome face. One of his eyes was almost swollen shut, there were bruises all over his cheeks, and both of his lips were split. When he spoke, I noticed that he seemed to be missing a tooth or two, more towards the back on the left-hand side of his mouth.

"I'm alive, and clearly doing better than you are! Who the fuck did this to you?" I enquired, my brows creasing as my hands gently cupped both sides of his jaw, surveying the damage.

"Roberto," Cristiano replied, "he blames me for his brother's death, said that I'm a traitor."

"Well, you kind of are..." I teased him, hoping to lighten the mood on our dire predicament.