Ch. 12 - After Effects

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You can't keep Jade from living her life."

- Vincent
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 12 - After Effects

▪️D O M I N I C▪️

I was having a meeting in my office when I suddenly heard Jade shouting in the hallway.

A few seconds later, I watched as she stormed into the room, leaving the large armed bodyguards and Jee-min at the door with defeated looks on their faces. She ignored Vincent and Quintin's shocked expressions as she slammed her palm down on my desk.

"Seriously Dominic? No kissing on the first date? What the hell!" Jade all but screamed in my face.

Vincent and Quintin looked at each other knowingly and cleared their throats. Shifting in their seats, they pressed their lips into thin lines, I could tell that they wanted to laugh, but I knew that they would not dare.

Exhaling calming, I replied nonchalantly, "It's for your own protection. Now if you'll excuse me, I was in the middle of something very important." I tried keeping my irritation at bay as I continued, "You need to remember that you aren't a little child anymore, Jade. You can't just waltz into the middle of my meetings when you feel like it, it's not cute at this age."

Jade narrowed her eyes at me, ignoring my last comment, "I can kiss whomever I want to, Dominic. If you don't want to, Cristiano is more than willing!"

I do not know why, maybe it was the condescending tone in her voice. But either way, hearing those words caused me to snap. Roaring loudly in exasperation, I got up so suddenly that my chair flew back. I walked around my desk, my right hand seizing her upper left arm in a tight grip as I stared down into her eyes.

"Be careful not to start a war with me, Jade, because you will lose!" my voice was low as I warned, "Now stop embarrassing yourself and go to bed!"

By now, Jade was fuming. Her eyes were glassy as she looked up at me. She roughly wrenched herself free from my grasp, the skin already bruising. Looking back at Vincent and Quintin before glaring up at me, Jade yelled out in frustration and stamped her right foot before running out of the room.

"What the hell do I pay you guys for, huh?" I asked Jee-min and the others who stood by the door.

"Sorry boss!" they replied in unison.

"Cazzo!" I cursed in Italian before grumbling while shaking my head, "I really am getting too old for this!"

Vincent and Quintin looked at each other again in silence, unsure whether it would be a good idea to speak or not. As a result, they decided to keep their mouths shut until they were addressed.

Smart choice on their part, because I was absolutely fuming.

Running a hand over my face, I turned to Quintin, "Go make sure that she doesn't do anything reckless."

"On it!" he reacted quickly and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Sitting up straighter, Vincent asked, "Don't you think that you might have been a bit too harsh on her?"

Making a clicking sound with my mouth I replied, "She's a woman, they usually get over these things."

Vincent scoffed as he shook his head, "Unbelievable..."

"What?" I questioned as I sat back at my desk, "You know how I am."

"Oh yes, you don't have to remind me," Vincent replied with a slightly raised eyebrow before continuing, "I just think that you should hurry and make a decision where Jade is concerned."