Ch. 29 - Impaled

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Holy fuck knuckles!"

- Blaire
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 29 - Impaled

▪️D O M I N I C▪️

Fuck!

I knew that Jade would have eventually asked to join my organisation, but I had not been prepared for her to ask so soon. Given the things that had recently happened with García, I was adamant about keeping her safe now more than ever.

After parking the car, I walked around the vehicle and roughly opened the passenger door.

"We're not having this conversation now!" I exclaimed in response to Jade's question.

With a huff, she stepped out of the car and probed, "And why not?"

Holding Jade's hand firmly in mine as we walked over to the private elevator, my finger stabbed violently at the button as I replied, "Because I don't want to talk about this right now! I'm going to end up yelling and you'll end up getting upset!"

"I'm not going into the club until we have this conversation," she argued, as she pulled her hand free.

Swear if I did not love her...

The elevator doors opened with a ping, pulling me from my thoughts. I growled softly as I grabbed her upper arm and dragged her into the lift. Jade's back pressed against the glass wall as she watched as my free hand tightened into a fist.

Gazing down at her, my breathing was heavy as I tried to calm myself. With unhurried movements, I leaned my face closer to hers, invading more of her personal space. Jade raised her chin to look me square in the eye, her chest visibly rising and falling with each breath she took.

I loved how she was not really afraid of me. She probably was the only person alive who was not.

"Listen, I'm not about to have a repeat of two years ago! I don't want you to be upset for your birthday, can we please discuss this later?" I asked, my voice less irate.

Narrowing her eyes at me for a moment, she sighed heavily, before responding, "Fiiiine! But don't think I'm going to forget to bring this up at another time."

"You wouldn't be you if you did," I muttered as I rolled my eyes and let her go.

The elevator doors suddenly opened onto the fourth floor and I walked out alongside Jade. Her eyes lit up as she took in the interior of the area which had been adorned with various birthday decorations.

She took in the private purple room that had been opened up with the curtains drawn back and the glass walls parted to create an extension of the larger room itself. All the mafia bosses sat at a large table in the purple room while their advisers sat next to them and their body guards stood nearby, most of them just outside of the area.

The DJ had been given word of Jade's arrival, and as she stepped out of the elevator she heard the welcoming announcement which caused the entire building to erupt in cheers.

I watched as Jade's eyes scanned the vicinity, looking for familiar faces.

She immediately spotted Quintin standing next to Raeni, just outside of the purple room near the top of the short flight of five stairs. He had a big smile on his face as he chatted with her. The Jamaican towered over him with her glittering black heels, but she too was laughing with him, her hand touching a lock of his hair and I curiously raised an eyebrow at the display.