Ch. 13 - Bold Confessions

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You have shown us 
how surviving can be beautiful."

- Quintin
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 13 - Bold Confessions

▪️J A D E▪️

I was pacing about my room as I talked with Quintin. He had come to comfort me after I had stormed out of Dominic's office.

"You know, I don't need a babysitter every time I get upset! Even the therapist said so!" I stated angrily as I stripped in front of my best friend.

Tilting his head to the side, Quintin watched in slight amusement as I shimmied out of the tight red dress. Usually, he would make some witty remark about my lack of underwear, but he knew that now was not the time.

"Look, I know that, but the boss worries! I mean, we found you in the bathroom covered in blood for crying out loud," he said seriously.

"That was over two years ago!" I huffed as I threw on one of my knee-length pyjama tops, "You guys always exaggerate about that! How many times will we go over this? It was a fucking accident! In the end, the wound itself ended up being superficial!"

I lifted the hem of my top and showed him my right upper thigh. The mark, like the rest, was not even noticeably visible.

Quintin pulled me down onto the bed next to him, holding me close as I continued to speak.

"I know that it was wrong, and I've apologised so much for it. I just wish you guys could stop acting so paranoid," I said, knowing that they needed more time to see the change in me.

Nodding, he kissed the top of my head, "I know J, but I also know that you're a sadist and you get pleasure off of inflicting pain on people. You know very well the type of agony your actions have inflicted upon us."

The guilt that I felt at his words rendered me momentarily speechless.

He was right. In my early teens, I had been emotionally cruel to others, and was an absolute handful. My behaviour ranged from refusing to eat, being verbally abusive to some of the staff members, to throwing unnecessary temper tantrums which included unpredictable and impulsive outbursts of fury.

I would purposefully be extra difficult, as I got off on the frustration that I caused Dominic and other people who resided within the Calvetti residence.

But I was not that Jade anymore.

I might still get off on the discomfort and pain of others, but I reserved that for people who truly deserved it, not the people I loved.

Pulling away from him to look up at his face, I said, "I haven't done anything in over two years. I've kept my promise to you, Dom, and the others. Even if I sometimes still get the urge to do things, I fight against it, you know this! I've confided in you and even came to you on many occasions during the last year just so that you could prevent me from giving in to my impulses."

I had trusted Quintin not to tell Dominic about my urges. After all, with what the both of us had been through as children, there was no way that we could have escaped such an experience untraumatized.

We had both gone to intensive therapy to help us deal with what we had been through. Quintin was left with mostly mental scars, while my damages were not just psychological but physical as well.

It was believed that I had developed uterine fibroids due to the mental and physical trauma that I had received at Enzo's hands. I had experienced my first period when I was only nine years old, and by the time I was eleven, I was having severe cramps and excessive haemorrhaging that required medical attention.