Ch. 57 - B.Y.O.B

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"We both know that this is overkill!"

- Vincent
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 57 - B.Y.O.B

▪️D O M I N I C▪️

It was around 4am in Aelbank City.

I stood with a frown in front of a convoy consisting of four identical black SUVs and one black semi-trailer truck.

We had received information on the possible location of José Hernández García and would immediately be making our way down to Miami. The semi-trailer truck had a flatbed with a black tarp over it that contained some extra weaponry.

With the police dashboard lights borrowed from the Aelbank City police as well as the fake IDs, any problems we might encounter on our journey would easily be avoided. Commissioner Thomas Edgehill had secretly informed me of the Cartel boss' whereabouts and I was eager to make my next move.

"Why did you wait an entire week and a half to tell me about this?" I had yelled through the phone.

Most likely grimacing on the other end, Thomas had stuttered, "I-I'm sorry, but I wanted to make sure I had something solid for you."

"I'd like to think after two or three days that the evidence should have been solid enough. I'll deal with you when we get back to Aelbank City!" I had barked out before abruptly hanging up.

According to the intel received from the Commissioner, undercover police posing as gardeners had repeatedly seen José enter and exit the property a few times over the last week. It seemed to be a hideout of sorts, but no sign of Jade had been established and barely any movement on the premises on a whole had been registered.

To me, it sounded more like a diversion and I doubted that the Cartel boss was actually holding Jade there, but nonetheless, I was coming to investigate.

My patience was dwindling, as in my opinion, we should have found her by now.

The Commissioner stated that it might be best to leave it for the Miami police to handle. Although at the moment, they could not enter the property as they were still waiting for some information to be confirmed in order to get a warrant.

I had argued that the legal way would take too long and was not about to sit around and waste any more time. I was going to go check out the property and no one was going to stop me!

This was a war between gangsters and as such, it would be best if it was handled by us.

In my absence, I would be leaving Aleksandr to oversee things in my place as the Russian's holdings were the least affected by the conflict thus far. James was still rattled from Blaire's murder and Da'mon and Raeni were still recovering from having lost a large majority of their properties.

Not to mention that out of all the other mafia heads, Aleksandr was the most ruthless.

Before leaving, James had pulled me aside and said, "I know that if you get the opportunity to kill José you won't hesitate. That Mexican needs to die, like a lot."

Nodding, I had replied, "Agreed!"

The drive would take the convoy about twenty hours give or take, with stops every five hours to change drivers as well as to use the restrooms. We were all determined to make this trip a success and I would not return to Aelbank City without Jade at my side.

"Do you think he's at the location?" Vincent asked when we were halfway through our journey.

"Based on the information that was gathered from surveillance, I doubt it!" I replied before adding, "García is too smart, he would have known that the police would be tracking his movements from the hotel. A man like him would have multiple properties here in Miami, it wouldn't surprise me if he kept moving her around until they could sneak off to Mexico."