Ch. 33 - Love Untold

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Fine, I'll harass you about it later."

- Sergey
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 33 - Love Untold

▪️A L E K S A N D R▪️

After the events of Jade's twenty-first birthday party, I needed to take care of some business.

I was deep in thought as I stood in the foyer of one of my main brothels. The lavish building was disguised as an upscale hotel that offered spa services.

"Martha Miller..." I softly murmured Jade's real name.

The young woman had left an impression on me and I had found myself in awe of her over the last few years. I remembered the first time I had ever seen her. It was at Quintin's eleventh birthday party.

Dominic and the rest of us were in a sectioned-off area having a quick meeting when Jade had walked in and interrupted us. She was calling Dominic to come get ready to watch Quintin cut his cake, and the way she tugged on his sleeve, I could not help but smile.

There she was, this little girl with a big toothy grin, ordering around the most violent and feared mafia boss of Aelbank City.

We had all been surprised that Dominic had let her touch him, but everyone could see that there was just something special about her. Truth be told, none of us would have been able to deny her anything, especially after all she had been through.

It was then that she had looked at me dead in my eyes and asked Dominic who I was.

From the way she firmly shook my hand, I knew she would be a force to be reckoned with when she got older.

We all knew what Jade and Quintin had been through and I admired their fearlessness, for they had experienced so much during their short lifetime. Especially Jade, hearing how she bit Enzo's calf was something that I would never forget.

In my line of business, I had come across many abused women, and most never recovered.

Jade was different though.

Even though she had not escaped unscathed, as I watched her grow, I respected the way she carried herself, doing everything to get stronger each and every day.

From the way she spoke to the way she stood proudly, my trained eyes saw that the young woman was anything but weak. She might have once been a victim, but I knew that she was a fighter and a survivor. Jade was most definitely not as defenceless as she often pretended to be.

I knew she had her own inner demons to battle, that much was obvious. However, I admired her strength as she clearly fought them every day.

It was hard for me to admit to myself, but I secretly revered the now purple-haired beauty, and thankfully, no one really knew how deep my appreciation for her ran. I doubt that they would even understand if I tried to explain it.

Raeni and the others thought it was merely a perverted fixation, but really, it was more of an intense admiration that grew into love, or at least what I felt love was if I had a description for it.

Contrary to popular belief, while I may have been a man-whore, I was not a pervert!

I had never involved myself with underage girls and I had never once looked at Jade that way until she was an adult.

I would never harm Jade. I would do anything for her, as I felt a strong need to protect her. Had she not grown up within the Calvetti residence, I would have taken her for myself once she had come of age.