Ch. 56 - Mind Games

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Cream me up first..."

- Jade
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 56 - Mind Games

▪️J A D E▪️

It had been almost two weeks and I had been slowly biding my time, planning the best way for Cristiano and myself to escape.

I had been doing my best to hide my deteriorating mental state.

Although things were going well considering, my grip on reality had gradually begun to fade over the last few days.

I tended to unconsciously answer the voices in my head out loud, earning me strange looks from Cristiano and the others at times. However, I simply brushed it off.

It was easy enough, especially as José and his men thought that the stress of the situation was finally beginning to get to me.

Good!

Let them think that I was getting weak. All the better for when it was time to strike!

Obviously, I needed to be careful with these mind games I was attempting to play. One false move and everything would be over before I could even put things into place.

Not wanting to waste any opportunities, I decided to make myself comfortable around the house.

I mean, why not?

Just because I was being held captive did not mean that I could not have a little fun as well. And I intended to do just that!

Using my wit and charm, I often pushed my boundaries to see how much the bodyguards would let me get away with. While many of them were pretty strict, some were eager to please me, running out to get my favourite snacks and other little trinkets.

Even José indulged me at times.

The Cartel boss and I would spend every night together, talking over drinks and playing checkers, sometimes in his office, other times out by the pool. A few innocent touches had passed between us and his lips would linger longer than necessary when he kissed the back of my hand before bidding me goodnight.

I could tell that he was holding himself back, wanting me to make the first move. But I knew it was only a matter of time before things would have to transition into the next phase.

Roberto on the other hand had remained impenetrable. It was obvious to me that the Fuentes twin was patiently waiting to kill Cristiano and myself. As a result, whenever he was within the vicinity, I made sure to be extra vigilant.

I could slowly feel the stress getting to me.

During this last week, it was not hard for me to notice the effects from the withdrawals of my medication.

For the time being, I had been continuing to do a good job of hiding my symptoms. I was on edge, even jumpy at times but even though it was easy to pass off as me being scared of what would happen to me, I did not know how long my façade would hold up.

Truth be told, it was the voices I was most afraid off.

I had no time to engage in hallucinations! I needed to keep a clear head as it would only be a matter of time before José, Cristiano, and the others knew that something was wrong.

Only three people knew of my secret and they had always been around to ensure that I was okay. I figured I had another two weeks before things started to get bad and I could only hope that Cristiano and myself would make it safely out by then.