Ch. 18 - Biding Time

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"I'm surprised Jade's dating such a
preppy little wanker."

- James
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 18 - Biding Time

▪️D O M I N I C▪️

"Hey! It's my birthday today, so that means you all have to be nice to me. No short jokes!" James said as he drank from a big glass of Guinness.

Da'mon and Aleksandr simultaneously grumbled as we all sat at a large table in one of the fancier bars owned by the Irish mobster. The establishment spanned over two floors and was nicely decorated with rustic aesthetics.

"Why is that little piece of shit Cristiano here?" Aleksandr asked as he smoked a cigar.

The muscle in my jaw visible ticked as I downed another shot of alcohol. I had been quiet for most of the night, though my eyes never left Jade as we looked down from the upper level.

I appreciated the way the green and white speckled skater dress fit her body. It stopped mid-thigh, showing off her strong yet sleek legs. Legs that had been wrapped around me two months before back in the kitchen. Her legs were so soft yet strong and smooth, and I could vividly remember the way her skin felt against my bare fingers.

Before my thoughts could run away with me, I shook my head and downed another shot, enjoying the burn as it went down my throat. I was grateful when James began speaking once more.

Raising his hand, the Irishman answered Aleksandr, "That would be because of me. I told Blaire that she could invite Jade and whoever else to keep her company."

"Are you really fucking that teenager?" Raeni suddenly spoke up.

"Oh, come off it! Blaire's almost twenty for fucks sake!" James huffed as he raised his drink to his lips once more, his green-blue eyes full of merriment as he took a mouthful then added, "A twelve-year age gap isn't that bad, plus she's really good company."

Shaking her head, Raeni scoffed, "You are such a waste man, I swear!"

"Anyway Aleksandr, what's the problem with Cristiano being here?" James asked getting back to the previous topic.

The Russian's accent was thick as he muttered, "I do not like him!"

"That's because he's got what you want," he teased before adding, "I'm surprised Jade's dating such a preppy little wanker though, I'm gonna have to re-evaluate her tastes."

Narrowing his cobalt eyes, Aleksandr said, "Birthday or not, James, if you talk shit about Jade, I will punch you in the face!"

"I will give it to the boy though, he definitely has some balls," Da'mon commented as he looked down at the group.

It was in that moment that Cristiano looked up at them. He was standing behind Jade, hugging her to him as she spoke with Blaire and a few of their friends. When his gaze met mine and the others', he grinned and kissed Jade's neck. As she smiled and tilted her face towards him, he then focused his eyes on her and kissed her greedily on the lips.

I grit my teeth, feeling my anger rise at Cristiano's blatant display of possession.

"Akh, ty gryobannaya suka, bliat!" Aleksandr barked out a curse, calling Cristiano a fucking piece of shit in Russian while getting to his feet.

"Sit down, Tolstoy! Relax, he's just kissing his girlfriend," I managed to say, even though I was itching to take out my gun and shoot Cristiano between the eyes.