Ch. 8 - Huzzah

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Don't you dare try to play crazy with me,
you know that I'm the best at that."

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 8 - Huzzah

▪️J A D E▪️

With his hands resting on either side of my head, Dominic had me pinned between the wall and himself.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I watched as he momentarily closed his eyes, seemingly preparing himself to say something. I knew that he was probably going to give me some lecture about needing to be more understanding, but to my surprise, it turned out to be the exact opposite.

"I really am sorry about today, Jade. I wanted your nineteenth birthday to be more special," his voice sincere.

Looking up at the large grandfather clock, I noticed that it was 11:55pm. Even though he had come to apologise to me, I was still upset and I just could not resist wanting to push his buttons. What can I say, some habits are really hard to get rid of.

"Well, there's still time for you to make it up to me," my tone was laced with sarcasm.

Shaking his head, he laughed softly, "You know better than anyone that I don't like being told what to do."

Unable to help myself, I replied wittily, "Then I suppose you better teach me a lesson..."

"Oh Jade, don't you dare try to play crazy with me, you know that I'm the best at that," he said in a low voice.

Even though he was right, I could not help but challenge him, my eyes never leaving his as I silently dared him to put me in my place. I would take whatever reaction that I could get from him tonight.

Dominic stared at me momentarily, his eyes darkening as he watched the playfulness leave my eyes. I did my best to keep my face impassive, even if on the inside I felt exposed and vulnerable under his sharp gaze.

His eyes glanced at the clock before looking back at me. We intently stared at each other for what felt like hours, even though it was only a few seconds.

"Fuck it," he murmured, breaking the silence before descending his lips onto mine.

At first, I could do nothing more than stand there in shock, unable to comprehend what was happening. Disbelief flooded through me, causing my body to remain immobile as I felt Dominic's mouth cover my own.

Holy fuck knuckles!

Dominic Giano Calvetti was kissing me!

Huzzah!

When the reality of the situation finally sunk in, I wasted no time in hungrily kissing him back, my hands circling around his neck to pull him in closer as I pressed my body up against his.

Fuck, his lips were so soft.

Dominic's mouth moved affectionately across my own. His movements were unexpectedly cautious and tender at first, almost a bit awkward if I was being honest. However, when I pulled him against me, it was as though something within him snapped.

One of his hands gripped my purple hair tightly while the other moved around my slim waist, trapping my body close to his. Within no time, we had found a compatible rhythm as our lips moved against each other.

He kissed me as though he would never kiss me again.

I could not help but feel like this would be the only time he would ever give in to his desires. The thought made my heart race as my kisses grew more intense, wanting to make the best of this rare and special moment.