Routine Ruined

Chapter 1

It's not like Jennie Kim needs to teach at her own University she inherited from her parents. She just wanted to. It was her passion. Music. Her whole life was revolved around music. Well, music and business, thanks to her parents. She swore up and down that no student that would graduate from her university will ever disgrace music nor will they ever compose nor sing a song that wouldn't pass her standards. Vocally nor Lyrically. Well for those who were enrolled in music related courses anyway. Not on her watch. She was Korea's Iron Critic after all.

Her day would consist of the same routine. She would wake up, prepare herself for the day, when she's satisfied with how she looks, she would drive to the university and park at her own parking space which no one dared to steal because they would be stupid to even think about it. The moment Jennie Kim steps into the university doors all eyes were on her and her heels click through the hallways. On her way to the elevator (yes they have elevators, nothing but the best for the country's elite, right?) she would press the button for the top floor, 8th. It was Jennie's lucky number.

Why so many floors? Well it was the best university in the country. It was adorned with their signature colors, blue and gold. How elitist. The university was known to have the best facilities in the country and of course with the best professors, such as Jennie herself. Not only that but the University has a strict admission policy, students can only enroll when they get invited in. That usually consists of the heirs of the country's richest families and businesses, the best top students, the ones with extraordinary talent in music and dance, and the top athletes across Korea.

The 8th floor would consist of different offices only reserved for the University's administrators. So that would be Jennie's office occupying 3/4 of the floor, on the other hand, the Vice Principal, the Athletic Director would occupy the remaining ¼. Not that ¼ was small, since, for a school, it is one of the largest building in the country.

Today was a different day, she could feel it. As her gut told her, she was right. Once in her elegant yet minimalist office, she saw her parents sitting on the white leather couch she had inside. Her mother wearing a loving smile just as her father. Jennie had good relationships with her parents. They remained to be humble despite the great wealth their family possessed and because of that Jennie idolized her parents' characteristics.

Truth be told, Jennie's persona was cold as ice but she wasn't a bad person. She was just cold. Cold because that's what she needed to be when all of Korea's eyes were on her. Being the only female heir to their family's business and because she entered the music industry swiftly climbing it's social ladder and proving that a female cannot only produce and compose music that would top charts not only in Korea but in the whole World. Sending multiple Idol Groups abroad with the help of her musical prowess in terms of music, musical direction, and aesthetic. Jennie Kim made a name for herself not just because she was the famous Heir of one of the country's powerful families, The Kims, but because she worked hard for it.

Seeing her parents on her leather seats she smiled her first genuine smile of the day and quickly wrapped her mother in a loving hug just as the woman was standing up from her seat. "My Jennie, oh how we miss you dear." She said with a warm smile. After giving her father the same loving hug she sat down in the seat beside her father and looked at them in curiosity.

"It's not that I'm complaining, Mom, but why are you here? Is something the matter?" she eyed her parents closely not missing the brief look her father gave her mother. 

The old man in his late 50s spoke calmly but his voice held power, which Jennie learned how to imitate as well, "Jennie, were here to talk about something important regarding our family and business." 

Her father held her dainty hands in his gruff palm before continuing his talk "My Dear, you are aware that your mother and I aren't getting any younger. We're getting too weak to handle all of our operations, dear. Because of this, our company's production rate, quality and power has dropped a significant amount within the last 2 years. If it wasn't for the help of the Parks we would've plummeted down further. But since they're health are also wavering their business is affected as well."

Jennie's father said with great displeasure, he sounded like he disappointed his only daughter. He didn't want her to see her old man fail. Jennie squeezed his hand and covered it with her other free hand. 

"Appa, you and Omma are the reason why the company has grown to be the most powerful businesses in the country. If I'm right, I assume you're here to tell me that on top of this university, you're also giving me the CEO position in our remaining businesses?" Jennie would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous and anxious as all hell. She was the only heir of their business. Now she would be the sole CEO of everything her parents worked hard to build up. She didn't want to mess up but she is also a human. She has a lot on her plate with just this university, what more with the company?

Her father shot her a grateful smile, "Yes dear, it's time for you to take my position. Your mother and I would like to rest now. Maybe travel around while we still can, you know? I trust you with all of this. There is no one in this world whom I know can handle our company better than you, My Jennie."

"But that's not all my love," her mother put a supporting hand on her father's knee giving it a light squeeze. "The company wouldn't be standing because of just us. You cannot possibly handle all of there just by yourself since you're already swamped with work as it is. Your father and I have had a lasting deal with the Parks ever since you two were little babies." w

With this Jennie's brow rose.

"It's time for you to marry their only daughter, Park Chaeyoung, and our businesses will merge just as our families will as well."

Jennie Kim could not believe what she was hearing right now.