40

Livy's pov. 

Today is the day when Jack's new girlfriend will come here for a visit. She should be here any minute now and Jack is looking kinda nervous. Aw, he must like her very much if he cares that much about the first impression. I wonder if they saw each other already or if they were just texting, like a long-distance relationship. Curiosity got better from me and I just had to ask Jack. 

"Hey Jack, have you seen her already or is this the first time?" I asked leaning over the island we had in the kitchen to get closer to him. Jack looked up from his phone and gave me a nervous smile. 

"We actually met already. She doesn't live too far from here so I met her one day when walking with Biscuit." Jack answered a shyness filling his voice, it was too cute. 

"Aw, you're cute blushing like that." I complimented him which only made him blush harder. I just laughed at his red tomato face. Suddenly Mikey came in ruining my fun. 

"Livy darling stop making Jack even redder than he already is or his new girlfriend will think he had some allergic reaction," Mikey said as he pulled me in the hug. Jack would be even redder now but it was not humanly possible anymore. Me and My boyfriend high fived as a sign of a good job. 

"You two are sometimes worse than Bonnie and Andy," Jack mumbled hiding his face in his hands while me and Mikey fake gasped. 

"Alright slow down there, we are no way like those two. We sometimes care about the feelings of others, unlike them." Mikey answered trying to mask the laugh in his voice but was failing in that job. Mikey sat down behind the table leaving an open seat between him and Jack. I remained standing just for now.

"Too bad it is only sometimes." The annoyed tone was clearly heard in Jack's voice and we would tease him some more but there was a quite annoying stomping of someone's feet heard on the stairs and the next thing we knew it Brooklyn barged into the room. 

"Jack when is your new girlfriend coming here, I am bored." I gave him a weird look. And when she comes he will suddenly stop being bored? 

"And if Jack's new girlfriend comes here you will just magically stop being bored?" Mikey asked as if he were reading my thoughts. I need to put an aluminium helmet on to prevent him from reading my mind. He can't just go in my mind, it is a mess in there I haven't cleaned that space for a long time. 

"Will you all stop referring to her as my new girlfriend, I didn't have that many of them. And she isn't exactly new either." Jack snapped taking us all by surprise. It was kind of obvious, I was waiting for him to snap because he was feeling way too much stress at the same time and if we add the earlier teasing he had to digest because of me and Mikey. The poor boy just couldn't handle more. Everything eventually breaks under the pressure. That's physics. I sat down on the chair next to him and ran my hand up and down his back to calm him down. 

"It's alright Jack. We are sorry for teasing you so much." He took a deep calming breath and seemed to be alright now. 

"I'm sorry I burst out like that I just want you guys to like her and her to like you because for me you are the most important people in this world going right after my biological family, you are my second family and your opinion really matters." Aw, the boy is so sweet today. We truly became a family. Me as a mother, Andy and Mikey sharing the role of father, Rye being the big sometimes childish brother and Kayla being the aunt Clara figure and the rest as a bunch of little kids. My thoughts about the perfect family we created were distracted by the knock on the front door. Jack shot up from his chair in a light-speed as he rushed towards the door. We decided to not follow him and to let him greet her alone, he will bring her here anyway so there is no point in standing up.