Flirting with Death

Disclaimer(because I forgot to do this earlier): I don't own any of the Percy Jackson stuff and you are your own person

I only claim ownership of Jean Barrow and his mother Barbara Barrow.

__________________________________________________________

As a kid who has been to multiple schools full of different kids. I was not looking forward to going to Camp Half-Blood. Yes, you can argue that it technically isn't school but that's not the problem. The problem is the different kids. From past experience, I knew I shouldn't get attached to any of them because they'll probably be using me. But the way Grover explain to this place to us. He said they're like Jean and me. It gave me hope that maybe it wouldn't be like transferring schools where everyone looks at you like you've just blown up a school. Maybe it would be different.

And different is definitely what we got.

I pulled a red wagon that held my fish tank and our backpacks. I couldn't leave Jerry, Pyro, and Jaxxie at home with no one to feed them. Plus they wanted to come. I was questioning whether or not their voices were real. But I figured if they were trying to kill me they would've done it by now.

Jean had a ukulele on his back as he wore a casual red plaid shirt with all the buttons open and a white shirt underneath. He also wore a pair of blue pants and a pair of black converse. I wore my (F/C) hoodie with a pair of black pants and combat boots and my sword necklace around my neck

Mrs. Blofis nicely drove us to a field of grass before dropping us off in a field. Something along the lines of mortals can't get inside of the camp. But she stayed on the road until we reached the woods. Grover lead us to camp without his fake feet to show off his hooved feet.

On our way in we spotted a dragon that rested underneath a tree with a golden fleece up in the tree. The dragon peeked an eye open before going right back to sleep. Guess we weren't a threat.

"And here we are." My eyes widened as we walked under an arch to a big space full of different things. There was a climbing wall with lava, a Pavillion, an amphitheater and there was a giant boat in the middle of a lake. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood."

"I-Its huge!" Jean exclaimed looking around excitedly.

I nodded in agreement. "There are so many cabins!" I shouted looking at all the cabins that were bunched up together.

Grover laughed at our enthusiasm as he lead us to the cabins.

I noticed there were a lot of them. "I knew Greeks had a lot of gods but not this many."

"Yeah. At first, there were only eleven now there's a at least twenty of them." Grover told us. "After last summer we started constructing more cabins for all the minor gods."

"The minor gods?" Jean asked curiously.

Grover nodded.

"But why did you only start last summer?" I questioned confused looking around there were definitely more people than eleven cabins could fit. "I feel like all the cabins would be cramped."

"Yeah well." Grover started mumbling quietly. "After the war, my best friend got one wish. He wanted all the minor gods' kids to have their own cabin since they were all stuffed into the Hermes Cabin since he's the god of travelers."

"Oh, so the Hermes cabin was cramped," I said looking around but stopped once I realized I probably wouldn't recognize it.

"Come on I have to introduce you guys to Chiron," Grover said leading us away from the cabins and to a bigger cabin. It was white with a porch on it. Nothing to entirely special. Grover knocked on the door.