Feelings

Nico's Point of View

The sky was dark and the only sound was the occasional flapping of wings as the two Pegasuses flapped their wings. (F/N) had her arms wrapped around my torso securely with me sometimes touching her small hand to make sure she was still there. I could feel her warm breath against my neck making me shiver. It felt nice having someone close. I usually prefer to keep to my personal space but I made an expectation for her. How else was she supposed to stay on?

Jean flew close by to us. He had somehow found some rope, tying himself to (P/N) as he held a ukulele. He wasn't playing it but he would pluck a few strings here and there. He was in deep thought, probably about earlier.

I felt my cheeks warming up thinking about earlier. Why did they test his future vision with me?

"Still thinking about her?" Jean asked. I glared at him but I don't think it had the intended effect as he chuckled at me. "(F/N)'s right you are adorable. Don't think too hard about it."

A small sigh escaped my pale lips. "How? It seems pretty important."

Jean shrugged having nothing helpful to say. "Things will work themselves out, probably."

"Wow. Thanks." I responded sarcastically.

"No problem," Jean said most likely not noticing my tone. "(F/N) likes you too. I don't remember the last time she willingly touched a boy that wasn't me."

That did nothing for my embarrassment or my slight jealousy for the blonde boy. I think he noticed because he chuckled lightly.

"Don't worry were basically siblings. We would never date each other." Jean assured me making me feel a bit less jealous.

You're probably wondering if I really like (F/N). How would you feel if you were an outcast and someone just randomly followed you everywhere? Your emotions would be crazy because you've been emotionally distant and don't know how to deal with it.

That's how it started for me but I started to calm down when we fought on her ship. Nothing big or special but it was to me. Fighting is kind of like dancing. Two partners whose movements depend on the other person. Did I just admit the closest I've ever got to dancing is a sword fight? Yes.

It didn't help that I was feeling awkward, to begin with. I liked Percy for a long time then he and Annabeth became a thing. Now he's missing and he's sister just appears one day with no reason.

At first, I was going to ignore her but I don't know she reminds me of Percy. Don't get me wrong their both completely different people but their both so similar.

"My mom always told me love was complex." Jean suddenly says making me snap out of my thoughts. Jean gave me a sad smile. "She usually said that because I asked if my dad left because he no longer loved us."

"Oh." Was he trying to make me feel better?

"Love is complex, Nico. But don't ever question it." That was a strangely mature thing for him to say.

"I'll try," I promised stealing a small glance of the (H/C) head behind me snoozing soundly. "Do you think she knows?"

"Of course not! The last time a boy tried to confess she managed to stick him in the friendzone. It was very entertaining." Jean smiled fondly at the memory. "You need to make her confess first so she cants mistake it."

"Make her confess?" I whispered silently to myself. Harder than it sounds. I should ask Percy or Annabeth how they got together, something tells me it was by accident. Or the gods finally decided to give them a break before throwing them into more crap.