Scary Earth and Sky

"See isn't it pretty, (F/N)." My mother's voice called out soothingly.

My eyes opened and my stomach immediately dropped as I gripped onto the hard armrest. Turning my head to the right I could we were above the clouds. The clouds were white but my eyes didn't fail to miss the yellow lightning.

I looked to my left to see my mom but she looked younger. Her (H/C) was loose on her shoulders as her (E/C) eyes looked down at the seat beside her. I followed her gaze to see a small child in the seat.

Her (H/C) hair tied into pigtails as she looked around happily. But she was shaking a bit knowing something felt wrong.

"My friend says the sky is evil." Little me retorted. "He says the man in the sky would kill me!"

Instead of laughing at the clearly crazy thing her kid said. My mom just gently patted my head with a concerned frown on her face. "What else did your friend tell you?"

Little me furrowed her brows before a big grin appeared on her face. "He told me when I get older I'll be able to live in the ocean."

Mom cracked a smile at that one. "Wouldnt you rather stay on land with your mother?"

"Not really." Little me responded bluntly without hesitation. "I like all the fish and sea animals."

"I see. Your just a little adventurer aren't you? I was just like you when I was younger." She sighed her (E/C) a bit foggy as she thought of old memories.

"Really?" Little me and I responded in sync.

Mom nodded grinning. "I've always been fascinated with old stories of conquering and conquest. Overthrowing kings and empires. Stories of adventures are what shape our world after all."

Little me looked at her with wide (E/C) eyes suddenly finding mom interesting. I just watched trying to remember this scene but nothing came up. I'm pretty sure I've never ridden on a plane before. I don't remember Poseidon telling me I could live in the ocean. What was going on?

"All passengers please sit down were experiencing minor turbulence." A cracked thunder roared. "Minor turbulence."

My gut said something bad was going to happen. And the lighting outside didn't really help.

"Mommy." Little me called out worriedly. I looked back at them to see mom sweating a bit nervously as she gripped my tiny hands.

She knows something's wrong.

"Don't worry sweetie I'm sure it'll pass soon." Mom smiled reassuringly at little me.

But she didn't look convinced. Her grip on mom's hand increased till mom winced a bit in pain but didn't let go. Just to defy her the sky roared again. I jumped in surprise as my heart sped up. Suddenly remembering my fear of flying and lightening.

"All passengers please remain cal-"

A big piece of lightning struck right next to me. Obscuring my vision.