The Ghost Tutor

"You know for a daughter of Poseidon, your not a good horse rider."

"Sh-Shut up!" I shouted clutching (P/N)'s white neck in fear. My back was aching a bit but my fear easily made me forget about it. Blackjack was nearby with Nico on his back as the two easily flew above us.

It was the son of Hades who decided I needed some practice before we left. And I knew if I ate breakfast I would just vomit it all up.

I forced my body upwards as (P/N) stayed on the ground looking longingly into the sky. "Okay let's try and fly." My Pegasus gave me a side look.

"Are you sure?"

My cheeks heated in embarrassment. "Y-Yes!" Without another word (P/N) started running before flapping its golden wings into the sky. I screamed before wrapping my arms around its neck again.

I don't know why I'm scared of flying. It wasn't the air, I breathed that every day. It wasn't clouds that I oh so desperately wanted to eat someday. It wasn't the heights, trust me I'm not scared of heights. I could climb Mount Everest and still be very excited.

It's flying I'm scared off. The action of flying. Is flying an action? I think it does.

I felt something cold envelope my hands making me look at my hands. A pale hand connected to a black sleeve held onto mine. I looked over to see Nico looking at me.

"Calm down." He ordered. "It's okay to be scared but you can't let it control you."

He's right. I took a deep breathe gripping his hand as I sat up grabbing (P/N) with my other one. I peered down seeing the grass ground below us the grass swaying in the wind mockingly. The height didn't disturb me.

I looked next to me. We were below the clouds but high enough to get a decent sight of New York and its skyscrapers in the distance.

"I never got to say goodbye," I said focusing on New York.

"To your parent?" Nico guessed.

"Parents. Well, I guess step-dad. That actually explains a lot now that I'm saying it out loud." I chuckled lightly. "I bet they won't even notice I'm gone."

Nico didn't bother replying. Either because it was common or because it would be pointless.

I smiled a bit letting go of Nico's hand as I urged (P/N) to fly a bit. I circled around Nico holding onto (P/N) white mane. It was still a bit scary as my knuckles were clenched hard enough to turn white but it wasn't as bad as before. Mom, would she notice that I'm missing?

Time Skip

"And another invention from Leo Valdez!" The little imp shouted showing me a spherical fishbowl with two straps attached to it. It reminded me of the one from my dreams. I guess it was a future vision.

I gratefully took the fish bag and entered my cabin Leo, Piper and Jason walked in behind me. I guess nobody wanted to take care of my fish while I was gone.

"Guys guess what?" I asked excitedly.

"Foood!"

Typically Jerry.

"I haven't seen Mistress this excited since she set that school on fire."

"Th-That wasn't my fault. It's the teacher for letting kids play with matches." I responded.

Bubbles raised from the fish tank as laughter filled my head. I grinned at my fishes as I set the bowl next to my fish tank. Okay, concentrate. I had my open palm at the fish tank. I lifted my hand as my stomach churned. The water lifted with the fishes inside of it.