Not My Type

Jean's Point of View

If you were to ask anyone they would tell you I look exactly like my mom. She wasn't a natural redhead, she dyed it that way it was originally a dirty blonde. Along with her green eyes and circular glasses. The thing is she doesn't need glasses they were more for show.

When it came to appearance I got my mom's eyes and eye color and I also got her personality. Some of her personality anything that seemed selfless came from her. Even my odd love for history came from her along with my ability to read people easily. Mom was like the ultimate social butterfly but the only difference is where I appealed to people, mom made them flee. She was odd herself.

"Doesn't it look nice?" Mom asked keeping (F/N) and I close to her side. I looked at the big stage to see the sides covered in hyacinths.

I sneezed wiping my nose I bit. "It's nice." I agreed. "But can we talk in private?"

Mom didn't seem to hear me as she turned around to see our third member of our party. Her eyes narrowed on Nico suspiciously. "And who's this?"

"Oh, this is Nico di Angelo." (F/N) introduced wiggling out of my mother's hold. She walked towards the boy and gently grabbed his wrist pulling him forward. Nico seemed a bit reluctant to get closer. Which is normal since he hates people in general especially new ones. "Nico this is Jean's mom, Barbara Barrow."

Mom just smiled pulling away from me to smile at the pale boy. "But you can just call me Barbara." She looked him up and down clearly sizing him up. Nico shifted awkwardly looking between me and her.

I gave him an awkward smile which probably didn't help his nerves. Mom clicked her fingers gaining both of our attention. She was grinning like a madwoman like she just solved a very important puzzle.

My smiled dropped. "Mom-"

"It's very nice to meet you, Nico di Angelo." Mom interrupted smiling brightly at Nico. He looked even more confused now as he moved closer to (F/N). (F/N) being (F/N) was, of course, oblivious to the situation but somehow her fingers had managed to intertwine with his. Bless her sweet oblivious heart.

"Mom." I tried again but she didn't pay attention. Instead, she placed a hand on her chin.

"I knew someday it would happen but not anytime soon." Mom continued unaware of how awkward she was making Nico.

(F/N) looked at me her (E/C) eyes holding a bit of confusion. I frowned pointing at my mom. She furrowed her brows understanding. 'Moms going to say something very uncomfortable'.

"Mom?" (F/N) called out but mom just ignored her as well.

"Who knew Jean would find a boyfriend this fast," Mom mumbled under her breathe.

I noticed the water in (F/N)'s bag bowl started raising assuming the form of a hand. Her three fishes easily swam around it seeming to have the time of their lives. Mom didn't notice but Nico was smirking at the sight.

(F/N)'s hand matched the water hand perfectly as she curled all fingers beside her index backward. Then a long squirt of water escaped the water index finger and onto my mom's face. Mom squealed making (F/N) and I laugh as the water hand quickly retreated back into the fishbowl.

"What was that for?" Mom whined as red covered the floor below her. She groaned mad that her white blouse was turning red.

"Mom, Nico and Jean aren't dating." (F/N) said still smiling.

I nodded coming to stand next to (F/N). "Yeah, he's not my type, sorry."

Nico rolled his eyes but looked slightly relieved.

Mom furrowed her fake red eyebrows confused. "But he's ga-"

I was quick to cover (F/N)'s ears while singing some random song at the top of my lungs, Monster by Skillet. It was the first thing that came to mind, okay?!

If you must know what my mom was going to say she was going to call Nico gay. Which is a simple fact. The reason why I'm covering (F/N)'s ears is simple. I need her to confess her undying love for Nico. How would you feel if you found out your crush didn't play for your team? I have had many crushes on boys and girls who didn't like me because of my gender.

Its heartbreaking cruel reality. I refuse to let (F/N)'s innocence be ruined because of my mom. Plus if what I saw in the future was true then this was necessary. (F/N) is a very sweet nice girl who accepts everyone.

But if she found out Nico doesn't play for her team, which he only plays for her, she would spend the rest of her days helping him get a boyfriend. And Nico being well Nico he probably wouldn't even correct her. If anything he'd just play along to get closer to her. My friends are both adorable idiots who need to realize they love each other.

I felt something grip the back of my shirt making me pause my singing. It easily lifted me off my feet and away from (F/N). The giant hand had reappeared and just as quickly disappeared back into its bowl. I noticed Nico and my mom were on the floor crying well Nico had red eyes with no tears on his face. He was a soldier.

"Did I do that?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. Why did you do that anyway?" (F/N) asked looking at me confused.

I grinned wrapping my arms around her waist. "No particular reason." I lied trying to sound childish.

(F/N) smiled a bit. "He's not your type." She joked making my cheeks hot from embarrassment. "More like the other way around."

"He's so dark and shy, it's literally all I've ever wanted in a mate," I responded looking at the son of Hades as he laid on the floor motionless. "But I'd be happier if you ended up with him."

(F/N) blushed making me grin in happiness as I detached myself from her. "Sh-Shut up." She snapped still flustered. "If your not his type, then I'm definitely not his type."

"I dunno you're the daughter of the sea. Would that mean waters not his type." I asked.

"I haven't seen him drink water, only soda." (F/N) shivered at the thought. Water has always been very close to her, mostly because her parents wouldn't let her have a lot of soda. ADHD and soda is a big no-no. "We should probably help them."

I nodded in agreement noticing all the workers from earlier were gone. How convenient. Something bad was going to happen.

____________________________________________________________

AN
I'm sorry I've been sick for like a week now and this is like the third time I rewrote this chapter

I promise the next chapter will be filled with action, drama, and excitement

I actually can't promise it but I'll do my best.