Sun Child

"Technically your dating your cousin." Jean voiced out his thoughts holding a bag of warm donuts. "Like your dads are brothers, Nico is your cousin."

I sighed shoving my hands into my pants pocket. "So? Poseidon confessed to making love to his sister as a horse and having a horse son."

Jean had a look of disgust. "I take it back your relationship is normal. Besides, that means I wouldn't be able to date anyone at camp."

"Were all one big dysfunction family." I grinned looking at the shiny water. It reflected off the bright sun with a clean beach. "We should move to California once this is all done."

Jean looked towards the sun a noticeable frown on his face. "I feel like the sun is here more no thanks." Jean politely declined.

I chuckled looking at the clean beach. The Californian beach was beautiful with the sun right in the middle of the sky making the waves shimmer with life. Don't get me wrong New York beaches are nice, but New York isn't really a beach state like California was. Plus I felt something different in California, like a newfound power that I can't really explain.

"Hey. I've been meaning to ask, what did your dad tell you?" I asked curiously.

"Like I said he threatened to take away my ability to sing and play instruments," Jean responded.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, but why?" I asked him.

Jean stopped walking making me stop with him. He nervously crunched the white paper bag that contained donuts clearly distressed. "He wants me to replace Octavian."

"What? Octavian? The Octavian?!" I couldn't imagine Jean as an Emperor. More importantly, could gods time travel?

Jean smiled a bit amused. "Not the important one. The one at Camp Jupiter turns out he's a sociopath and a decedent of Apollo."

"Makes sense," I said rubbing my chin. "So, what does Octavian do that Apollo wants you to take over?"

"God interruption," Jean said unsure.

"A sociopath is the god interpreter," I said in awe. "Wait, what does that have to do with you, you can only see the future?"

Jean shrugged. "Its mostly to protect his reputation," Jean responded annoyance in his voice as we continued our peaceful beach stroll.

"Oh, there's the pier!" I shouted seeing the board of wood deserted with only one person on it. Some old dude. "I thought you didn't care about his reputation."

"I don't," Jean confirmed. "I care about my sibling's reputation. One person with Apollos blood going crazy, what would they think about the rest of us?"

"Like how everyone expects a lot out of me because of Percy," I said understanding his situation.

"Exactly like that!" Jean said smiling brightly. I swear the heat around us increased till his smile disappeared. "Are you still obsessing about that?" Jean asked as I took a step on a wooden bridge.

The wood creaked under my weight but didn't break. The old man who was towards the edge snapped his head towards us.

"Child of Poseidon!" He shirked before falling off the pier and into the ocean.

I sighed. "I'm not even shocked." I walked to the edge of the platform. "And yes, definitely, absolutely. It's like Percy is Hercules or something."

"He's also your cousin." I pouted shooting the blonde a glare. He grinned not at all sorry. "I'm just saying, oh that means he's my uncle."