Jealousy

Nico and I were exploring outside because Jean wanted to speak with his mom by himself. I didn't blame him, he just wanted answers. Unlike him I couldn't ask my mom, I just had to go with the flow. That's the reason I decided to go to Texas in the first place after all to get some answers.

I was starting to feel a bit homesick. Yeah, I know maybe if I was more focused on this quest I wouldn't have to worry about it. But now since were literally waiting for the Pegasuses to get ready and for Jean to get answers. And Nico and I weren't doing anything life-threatening I had time to think.

I wanted answers too. I wanted to know why mom kept this all a secret from me, why Poseidon never told me, and most importantly just why. Poseidon could've gone the rest of his life without interacting with me. But no, he visited me and kept me company even when both my parents were gone. I just wanted to know.

I had too many questions with no one to answer them. And this quest wasn't helping with it either.

"Are you okay?" Nico suddenly asked. I looked at him noticing his eyebrows were pinched in concern. Then there's Nico, son of Hades who somehow became a close friend within a matter of days.

I shook my head. "I'll be fine," I responded hoping it'll be the truth. I didn't want to lie and say I was fine.

"Finally questioning your existence?" Nico suddenly asked.

My eyes widened at the boy who looked nonchalant about the entire thing. "H-How did you know?" I asked in a small voice suddenly realizing how exposed I really was.

Nico gave me a small comforting smile. "Every demigod has been through it," Nico explained. "A small side effect of a quest."

"So it's like a quest but along the way you discover who you truly are," I said. He nodded. "How cliche." I chuckled.

"But it's different for every Half-Blood. Everyone's fatal flaw is different." Nico told me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Fatal flaw?" I questioned confused.

"The thing that'll end all demigods we all have one," Nico said. The air around him seemed to darken but I continued to stand by his side. "Things like selfishness, greed, and even insecurities."

"Insecurities," I mumbled quietly. "I wonder what mine is."

Nico shrugged. "Selfishness, pride, and greed are usually big ones. But your none of those."

I smiled at that as my cheeks warmed up. "Thanks!"

"But that just means it'll be harder to find your flaw," Nico added making me frown.

"What's Percy's then?" I asked a bit curious about my big brothers.

"Loyalty," Nico responded almost immediately.

I stopped looking at him confused. "How can loyalty get you killed?"

Nico stopped finally looking at me. "He's willing to sacrifice himself for his friends. He's willing to sacrifice the whole world as long as his friends stay safe."

The whole world? No wonder Annabeth was desperate to find her boyfriend. He sounds like a very dedicated person. But willing to sacrifice the entire world just to save everyone he loves? That takes some deep loyalty or stupidity.

"Wow," I said in amazement. I noticed the small admiration Nico had in his dark eyes as they sparkled a bit. Oh. My stomach churned uncomfortably as I furrowed my brows confused. I held my stomach gently afraid I'd vomit.

Why did I feel weird? Nico looked at me. "You okay?"

I forced a nod with a smile. "I'm fine." Now I was left more questions.