Oh My Neptune

My feet curled into themselves as the cold water grazed them. The moon seemed to reflect off the water making it and the sky look choppy. But it made the water glow a brilliant blue color. I couldn't help but stare in awe at it.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I looked to my side to see Poseidon in his usual attire of shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. He seemed a bit off. His usual fishing hat was missing and his dark hair was messy. And he had circles under his eyes like he hadn't slept in weeks.

"Poseidon?" I called out nervously. In an instant, his form flickered white as his appearance immediately changed. Instead of his casual wear, he wore old rags. It almost looked like he was wearing a potato sack that had been stitched together. And he's usual powerful presence seemed to have died down a lot. "Poseidon?" I called feeling worried.

He only looked at me with a sharp glare. I stared back with wide eyes as my feet move backward. He looked angry, I've never seen him like that before, especially at me.

"I am not Poseidon!" He roared. I felt the ground beneath my feet tremble at it making the water stir. "I am Neptune!"

I shrunk back feeling the water push against me. A large wave hit my chest but it didn't get wet. He's glare seemed to die down as he silently observed me.

Okay, Neptune. It has to be the opposite of Poseidon in Roman mythology. Like Jupiter is Zeus. Then why he was more violent? Poseidon was never this violent, well for what I've seen and heard about him. More importantly, why is he wearing rags like a peasant? I thought Poseidon or I guess Neptune was one of the top gods. Unless Roman mythology was more different from Greek than I originally thought

"Dad," I said figuring saying Poseidon would make him angrier. Neptune looked at me with narrowed eyes. "What's wrong?"

Neptune only scrunched his eyebrows as he rubbed his head. A bigger wave washed over me but I still stood dry. "Why aren't you drowning? You should have died?!"

"I love you too," I mumbled sarcastically. "Why are you trying to kill me?"

Neptunes face hardening as he looked in the distance. "You are a half-blood, aren't you? And your here which means your from Camp Jupiter."

"The Roman camp?" I asked him.

"Yes, the Roman camp." He replied annoyed.

I scratched the back of my neck. "I'm from Camp Half-Blood, Greek camp." I corrected.

Neptune looked at me with narrowed eyes but they weren't as threatening. "Greek? They have nice boats and they honored me better than the Romans."

Oh. "So the Romans don't treat you like an important god like the Greeks did to Poseidon," I said connecting the dots easily enough. That explains why he's wearing a potato sack and why is aura is weaker.

Neptune crossed his arms stubbornly as he stared out towards the sea. "They think me violent." He did just try to kill me. "Because the sea is evil."