And One Shall Be Taken

There should be an advertisement for demigods. Like they would show you all the good sides of being a demigod like all powers, superhuman strength, and durability. But like all advertisements, they leave out all the bad parts like being attacked every day by some ancient Greek monsters. And leave out all the important details like "You smell delicious so monsters will try and eat. The stronger your godly parent the more likely you are to be eaten".

Unfortunately for me, my dad is one of the top gods. What makes it worse is my brother, Percy Jackson, is famous among the monster world since he saved the world last year. Basically, no matter what I did, monsters were looking for me either for food or some sweet revenge.

At the moment revenge seemed to be a strong motivator for our monster of the day.

"Come out young (F/N)." The woman said in a sickly sweet voice. My back was pressed firmly into a cement wall refusing to look beyond the edge. She was closer now. "I just want to see if you possess lovely eyes just like your father and brother."

This time though the monster seemed to hate my dad and my brother, so this was definitely personal.

I looked up to see a speak of blonde along with a bow on top of a ladder. Jean's head popped up his green eyes narrowed behind his glasses. He gave me a thumbs-up as he loaded his bow with an arrow.

I turned to my right to see Nico behind a statue of a satyr. He held his dark sword in his hand. He also gave me a nod.

Taking a deep breath I moved out from behind the corner. "Snake queen! I'm right here!" I shouted waving my hands. There was a loud hiss followed by statues falling in front of me. I quickly shut my eyes as black leather came into view.

"Backwards."

"Go back."

"Hurry up!"

I obeyed the familiar voices as I walked backward not bothering to turn around.

"And where are you going?"

"Faster!"

I walked backward quicker as a whooshing sound passed by my ear. It was followed by a cackle and the sound of wood snapping.

The woman in front of me clicked her tongue almost mockingly. "And you call yourself a son of Apollo."

I quickly turned on my heel facing the opposite direction of the anaconda woman. I opened my eyes making a dash towards the blackhead. I hide to a statue next to him.

He gave me a small glare. "I told you it wouldn't work."

I shrugged with a small smile. "First plan that's ever gone wrong."

"And don't think I've forgotten about you, son of Hades. Both you and the son of Apollo would make lovely statues to my collection." The woman said her footsteps drawing nearer to Nico and me. "As for that daughter of Poseidon, I have much more interesting plans for her."

I didn't like how she said interesting or plans. It was at times like this I really regretted being related to Poseidon.

There was another whooshing sound followed by a woman screaming. I looked over at Nico with a smug smile. Nico rolled his eyes before stepping out from behind his statue. I peeked over my statue to see Nico's black sword absorbing the snake woman.

"I told you so." I grinned as walked to Nico's side. "My plans never fail."

"Did you see me?" Jean asked as he walked towards us still holding his bow.

"You missed." Nico pointed out putting his sword back into his side holster.

Jean pouted displeased with the lack of appreciation. "She looked at me and I had to close my eyes. I would rather not become a statue."