Neptune's Mistakes

I understand why everyone likes Percy now. He's handsome, strong loyal, and has a lot of experience being a demigod. It might also be the fact that for a hero he was incredibly humble. Well from the way he said it he didn't save the world it was a Hermes kid named Luke Castellan. Luke sounded like a good person just missed guided because the Greek gods are just neglectful parents.

I walked beside my brother, it was late at night and he was leading me to where they ate food. Tonight they were celebrating defeating the army since they couldn't do it yesterday. Because they were suspicious of Jean and me.

"So, you fought a Chimera and won?" Percy asked after I told him my entire story up to now.

I nodded. "Yep. A small feat I'm sure compared to your monster kills." I said sticking my tongue out as I focused on not stepping on the cracks on the ground.

"Well, I fought the Chimera when I was twelve and fell into a river." I stopped looking up at Percy. He was frowning a bit in remembrance.

He lost to a goat, lion, and snake hybrid? I defeated something he didn't! Then again he was twelve and I was thirteen.

I shrugged back down. "Jean helped too," I added nonchalantly as I put my foot in front of a crack. My back foot slipped giving me a mini panic attack. I wave my arms as I tried to move my body forward. I managed to bend my foot forward as I put the other next to it. "I also defeated Medusa."

"I defeated her when I was twelve," Percy told me making me frown. "It was also my fault that we fought her." That made me feel a bit better but not too much.

I rubbed the back of my neck as my feet settled onto the ground. "It was also kind of my fault too," I admitted smiling a bit. "I was hungry and tired."

"That's how she lures you in. Her sister was trying to give me free samples." Percy shivered at the thought.

"Wait. Medusa has sisters?" I asked confused before shaking it off. I shouldn't be surprised by Greek stuff anymore, apparently one of my siblings is a horse so who am I to judge.

"And I defeated a Fury who was posing as my math teacher," Percy said changing the subject from the snake witch.

"Well, I didn't kill a Fury I did keep her distracted," I told him frowning. "But to be fair I was stuck in a small hotel room."

"Metropolitan Museum of Art," Percy said making me look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Field trip."

"Yeah but the Metropolitan Museum of Artis much more open than a hotel room," I argued. "I think that's all the monsters I've defeated so far unless you count Polybotes."

"I also killed the Minotaur," Percy added as we continued walking my balancing game long forgotten.

"That explains the Minotaur horn in the cabin," I said remembering that horn that was next to one of the bunks.

We walked in a comfortable silence both of us weirdly comfortable with the other. Percy was easy to get only with. I kinda thought he'd be the stereotypical jock at school. I blamed the people at Camp Half-Blood, to them Percy basically is a god. I'm not even kidding apparently after the whole 'Luke saves the world' bit Percy was offered immortality which he turned down for making the gods claim kids and have minor gods kids be accepted into Camp Half-Blood. Basically, he's a nice person who was making me feel a bit insecure about Poseidon being my Patron.

How was I supposed to compete with Percy? The guy had a hand in saving the world while I was mourning over my pizza that was taking forever to arrive. Clearly, we were on two different levels.

"Brother!" A loud voice boomed making me jump in surprise. Beside me, Percy was scooped into a big hug. I could see his face changing color.

I chuckled slightly as Percy was put down. He stumbled a bit before getting his grounding and standing straight. Percy gave me a mischievous smile as he pushed me forward. "Tyson this is your sister."