Death Trance

Nico's Point of View

"Nico." A familiar voice called out to me. A voice I had come to tolerate more than others. "Come on your royal highness."

There was a gasp of surprise from a much younger voice. "He's royalty?" I smiled at the high pitched voice of a young girl another voice I'd come to love.

"A royal pain in the ass." I frowned at the voice I'd somewhat tolerated.

There was a slapping sound followed by a hiss of pain. I smiled in my silent victory.

"Don't say bad things in front of the kids." The voice I tolerated the most scolded.

I opened my eyes to see several pairs of eyes looking at me. "Why are you all looking at me?" I asked confused.

An older looking (F/N) smiled as she patted my head. "Just waiting for you to wake up."

"Daddy!" I froze as a small girl jumped into my lap. She had (E/C) eyes that seem to lighten up in excitement. Her messy black hair resembles my own bedhead. And she had (S/C) skin that was a bit paler compared to (F/N)'s.

I smiled messy up her black hair even more. "Hey-" I paused my smile falling slightly.

"Willow." (F/N) said with a sad smile. Her (E/C) eyes seemed a bit clouded but she quick to wipe that expression off her face. "Come on sweetie let's take daddy to the park."

The small girl known as Willow's smile got brighter as she jumped off of me. "I'm gonna go put my shoes on!" She shouted running away.

"Willow wait for me!" A blonde boy said running after her.

I looked to the side to see an older looking Jean standing by the side with a big grin on his face. A small girl with brown hair and green eyes hid behind his legs.

"Nico are you okay?" (F/N) asked making me focus my attention back to her. She had her eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Your usually grumpy after your afternoon naps."

"I'm not a little kid," I argued feeling my cheeks heat up as I glared at her.

(F/N) wasn't affected as she smirked pulling me into a hug. I felt my cheeks get hotter but didn't push her away. I was comfortable. "There's the grumpy old man I know."

"We're the same age." I protested.

"Physical." (F/N) mumbled. I shot her a glare with a pout. "You're like what over 100 now."

"Old," Jean said as I shot him a glare too.

"Mommy!"

"Daddy!"

The two kids shouted as they ran back in wearing shoes and bright smiles.

"We're ready." Willow smiled saluting playfully.

(F/N) pulled away from me but I was quick to grab her wrist. I got to my feet ignoring (F/N)'s beaming face as she tightened her hold on my hand.

"Can I do the thing?" Willow asked looking at both of us. The excitement in her (E/C) eyes.

I furrowed my eyebrows confused. What thing? Luckily (F/N) opened her mouth first.

"You have to ask daddy." Nevermind. I shot her a small glare but it was quick to die down when I noticed Willows hopeful gaze on me.

It reminded me of me when I was little. When Percy saved Bianca and me. When I thought he was the coolest person ever. Well, I still thought that. My chest tightened at the thought of him. No. No. He's with Annabeth and I have (F/N).

I forced a smile as my thoughts were going a bit haywire. "Sure," I responded making Willow jump from excitement.

"Cinthia, Delphi," Willow called as the two other kids approached her. Willow held out both her hands to the kids.

Delphi, the boy, was quick to grab Willow's hand. I glared at the young boy noticing the small blush on his cheeks. (F/N) nudged me a knowing smirk on her face. Cinthia, the little girl who hide behind Jean, was a bit more hesitant but eventually grabbed Willow's hand with a blush on her cheeks. I glared at the girl not taking any chances.

In a blink of an eye, all the kids disappeared. My eyes widened as I felt my panic mode kick in. What did I agree too? Wait, I noticed a shadow was casting where the kids once stood. Shadow traveling.

Jean smiled as he approached us. "Kids grow up so fast don't they?"

(F/N) nodded leaning against my side. "It feels like yesterday we all just meet at Camp Half-Blood."

I raised an eyebrow confused but decided not to say anything.

"Well, we better get going," Jean said holding (F/N)'s hand. At least he knew not to touch me. "To the park."

I glared at him making his smile waver a bit.

"Please."

I sighed as we slowly sunk into the darkness.

My eyes opened slowly. I cringed in pain as my stomach rumbled tiredly and my muscles were limp. Even my instincts were tired as my spine tingled lightly. I forced my body upwards as I noticed the two giants close by wearing interesting outfits. My lungs tightened as I inhaled the toxic air. I tried to stop breathed as I reached towards the stygian sword that laid helpless next to me. My muscles tensed as I lifted the heavy metal up.

I grimaced as I forced my arms to work and mark it into my glass prison. I wasn't trying to escape, I've already that. Instead, I dug my sword next to one other mark already engraved there.

I let my sword fall back down as my muscles ached. I've only gone into the death trance once and I was already weak. It didn't help that I was just in Tartarus.

Tartarus. I shivered just thinking about it. I should've listened to Jean. I looked between my legs to see seven more seeds. Seven more times.

I knew the others were coming to save me. I knew they were coming eventually...probably. I shook my head I couldn't think like that. I knew at least Hazel and (F/N) would try and save me.

That was enough to give me hope. I trusted them. Even if Hazel is stuck with the Prophecy of Seven (F/N) has her own boat and knowing her reckless behavior she'd probably somehow rescue me.

With those reassuring thoughts, I grabbed another pomegranate seed into my mouth before spitting it back out. My body relaxed as my brain shut down. I didn't even know if I was laying down as my eyes slowly closed.

All I could hope for was good dreams.

____________________________________________________________________________

AN

- Author is gone for lunch please come back at a later time

P.S.

I totally remembered this is was suppose to be a cheerful fanfiction. I had to go check the dictionary for 'cheerful'. -